Hooping Hats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hooping Hats

Hey all re: all of the conversation around the WACF hat hoop. I attend the ISS show in Long Beach and went to the Melco booth specifically to complain about this hoop and purchase an different model. There were 3 other users there when I got to the booth with the same issue and 1 more walked up after I got there. One of the tricks they showed us was to use a 4 inch backing strip that was long enough to go almost completely around the hoop from side to side. The reason is the points on the hoop that actually hold or grip the cap tightly enough so it will not move during sewing is one on each side as well as the teeth on the band. I demonstrated how I hoop and was corrected as I was pulling the cap to far forward towards the front of the frame( think toward the bill side). This caused the cap to lie uneven in the frame which caused me to have designs that tilted up one side or the other.

Upon returning home I utilized the technique they showed me and I have been doing great since. I complained that more emphasis needs to be placed on proper hat hooping during training as it was rushed over in my class. Who would have thought increasing the length of the backing strip would be the fix to keeping the hat from traveling during sewing. Hope this helps.

Cindy Chamberlin
    Impressive Threads
Working...
X