Fusible no show mesh / wet n stick backings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fusible no show mesh / wet n stick backings

We are checking into these different backings to hopefully aid in providing great looking embroidery on the new dri-tech, under armour,... fabric types without the garments puckering. (They are soooooo stretchy) Sounds like a lot of extra steps to adhere these and to remove. Is the product result worth it? Is it easier to use than I think? And does one need to remove it immediately after sewing to get it off easily, or can it sit for hours or a day and still come off quickly? ANY INPUT ON THESE STABALIZERS IS GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!

Fusible no show mesh - have been very happy with it. I use it on t-shirts and denim for certain designs. Have never used the dri-tech/under armour products... The fusible is easily removed even after several hours. I can't remember if I've removed it after days but probably have. For removal, just gently separate the mesh from the fabric.

Comment

I invented Wet N Stick but it is definitely not recommended
      Pls see

If you are wary of your hooping use the low melt fusible mesh
      If you can hoop it easily w/o slippage use the reg mesh

And if you want samples pls email me direct and off list

Fred
      Fred Lebow - Non Wovens - 406 854-2322<br />[email protected] - lebowconsulting.com<br /> So many tunes - so little time<br />\"Stabilizing is the foundation for good embroidery. Lay a proper foundation\"

Comment

Thank you Fred. Not often does one receive a reply from an inventor! I did take a peek at your consulting business. Interesting! Thanks for the advice. Seems everyone has a different opinion so sometimes it's difficult to know which one to follow. I've done my share of trial and error, just prefer to reduce the "error" portion!

Comment

I do quite a bit of large area embroidery on poly peau de soie satin (quite stretchy) and have been hooping Fred's fusible web so I don't have to worry about stretching the fabric when using my jacket back hoop. As he recommends for high stitch counts, I use it with another layer of non-fusible mesh hooped cross-wise with the fusible, sometimes adding a floater of tear-away for better definition or for higher stitch counts.
          Its the best solution I have found, but there is a fine line between over- and under-pressing to achieve a good bond that holds as needed but pulls away easily. When I have over-fused it, it was harder to pull away and left a crispy, scratchy residue. Time elapsed after fusing doesn't seem to be a factor because it doesn't work in the same way as the spray stuff.
          My work is large scale and one-off type stuff. I would think the careful pressing needed might be a bit fussy for an operation that needs speed, but it's a quality product and a sample is free and worth a try if works with your operation.

Comment

You are doing what I believe to be carrect by addinmg a layer of tearaway
            It gives you better definition
            Re the difficulty of the fusible mesh removal - Preheat the edges first and then peel back and trim
            I also agree w using 2 l;ayes of mesh cross patterned for larger stitch counts 12-15,000 or more
            We specifically used a low melt -280F on ours so as not to scorch nor shrink your fabric.

mediumsetting for 10 - 12 seconds
            As alwayds - if anyone wants samples pls e-mail me off list

Fred
            Fred Lebow - Non Wovens - 406 854-2322<br />[email protected] - lebowconsulting.com<br /> So many tunes - so little time<br />\"Stabilizing is the foundation for good embroidery. Lay a proper foundation\"

Comment

Fred,
              Where can we buy these?
              Tahnks
              Jazmin
              Jazmin in San Antonio<br /><a href=\"http://www.PoshLittleThings.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.PoshLittleThings.com</a>

Comment

Try
                Welcome to American Embroidery Supply! Quality Products, Service You Can Stitch With
                [email protected]
                Jerome in Minnesota
                (320)259-1151

Comment

Jerome- thanks

Jazmin
                  Jerome is correct American Eb supply

Welcome to American Embroidery Supply! Quality Products, Service You Can Stitch With

888 518-6522

If you email me your address off list they will gladly send samples

[email protected]

Sincerely
                  Fred

[ April 09, 2011, 10:27 AM: Message edited by: levelbest ]

Comment

Thank you Jerome and Fred,

Fred are you related to Allstitch.com?
                    Jazmin in San Antonio<br /><a href=\"http://www.PoshLittleThings.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.PoshLittleThings.com</a>

Comment

I am definnitely not affiliated w All Stitch .

We sell & Make only "delta formed" wet laid non wovens
                      All Stitch stretches
                      If it stretches in any direction you lose registration
                      Try the 3 oz All Stitch agains our 3 oz "wet laid" non wovens and please let me know the results

Wett laid

These products have no multi directional stretch which is necessary in order to approach the " tambourine skin " type tension so necessary for proper registration or definition
                      These wet laid products also contain neelde lubricants They are VERY soft and dense - one layerof the 3 ox is suggested for 50,000 stsiches of a moderately dense design

BTW We do have distributor in Tex
                      If you want we will happily send samples

Just pls contact me off list

Thanks
                      Fred

Comment

Working...
                      X