Quantcast Needle drop

news

discussion boards mailing list tips / tricks / forms designs suppliers find a shop marketplace
News
  archives

Discussion
  main menu

Suppliers
  apparel

hats

thread
  backing
  hoops / hooping
  stock designs

Tips & Tricks
  main menu

Mailing List

my account

Amaya Shops
  locate a shop

Marketplace
  shop for supplies

Resources
  official Melco site
  online resources

Help Support This Site:

Thread: Needle drop

Post Thanks / Like

I did the thing everyone warns about; I turned on the machine with the slim line frame in the up position. Now have 9 needles down. I was able to get the slim line frame off and push up a few of the needle bars but 9 will not stay up. I have the Amaya XT. Can someone give me some guidance please on what to do next?
    Joanna
    Joanna

Post Thanks / Like

Joanna,

Yes...It is time to now call a tech....you may have damaged other components such as the V-rail slider blocks, lower rail guide, etc....Sorry.

Melco views this as an "Operator error" situation and so you will bear the full costs involved. No warranty application...It may be cheaper for you to contact a tech directly and not go through Melco, per say.....

The needle case must be removed and inspected and this for the un-trained is not an easy feat to accomplish.

Rod Springer
    Amaya Tech & Trainer
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Post Thanks / Like

Dear Joanna,
    I can't help but offer positive thoughts. So sorry you are having a bad day. Margaret
    Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the advice and condolences. I'm feeling like an idiot.
    Joanna

Post Thanks / Like

Joanna, I did this earlier this year so don't feel like you are the only one. Now when I use fast frame type hoops I take them off before powering up or down. It take a bit more time but not worth the problems it causes when you forget and hit the power switch.

Cindy

Post Thanks / Like

I too am a member of this club...I did this same thing in 2008...what a mess...I turned on the machine and was doing other stuff while it came on and when I went to put in a hoop, Oh My what a mess...it took several weeks to get my grabber arm...I had called Melco and ordered it but somehow they forgot to place the order so when I called back several weeks later Melco rushed it to me...we were able to sew without it but it was a pain with all the threads hanging down...Since that time I think we use that frame very little...I am scared of using it due to the fact it's very easy to forget to make sure it's closed...we learned too that if we do use it to take it off as soon as we finish using it and not to leave that frame on the machine...until next time...Jenny

Westbrook Wonders
    Jenny<br />Westbrook Wonders<br />Wetumpka, AL 36093<br />334-567-3867<br />[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I think I am a charter member to the club. It has happened to me three times. The first time I only bent the grabber and was able to bend it back into shape. The second time, not so lucky. I had to have a tech come out and repair. Very expensive. The third time I had an embroider friend over helping him out and I sat at the machine not realizing he had not closed the clamp and boom. Fortunately, my friend is also very mechanical and fixes his own Amaya's all the time. He was able to fix it without too much difficulty. My policy is to always close the clamp when taking an item off the machine. It can be annoying but it is not pretty when you wreck into the open clamp. Don't anyone feel foolish, we have all done it.

Barbara
    In San Antonio

Post Thanks / Like

Joanna,
    Did you manage to get your machine repaired???

Ed
    -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, I did. A public thank you to Mike Walker who was my angel this Christmas and not only fixed my machine but he and his wife Ginny helped me complete a job. My mother has been ill and by them finishing that order, it allowed me more time to spend with Mom and not worry about that deadline. Thankfully nothing on the machine was cracked or bent. The best gift of all!!
    Joanna
    Joanna