Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XTS Needle bar and footer stuck in down position

Good evening,
    I was in the middle of sewing a design and came to a color where the thread was out of the feeder wheel. By the time I figured out what was happening, the needle ended up breaking so I replaced it and cleaned the bobbin area, spun the bobbin a few times and did a "head up" as is recommended. All looked normal. However, when I went to back up the design a couple of stitches to start sewing again the machine immediately moved to the #1 needle and the needle bar and footer dropped down and froze. Now every 30 seconds or so it "comes to life" with the light coming on and tries to reset but falls back to down position. I was able to remove the #1 needle to get the hoop out but now when I turn the machine on it keeps repeating this.

Any after hours advice?

Thanks,
    Steve

Update: The footer was stuck under the needle bar and everything went back to normal. The only problem is the bobbin carrier is not lining up and the bobbin isn't able to be inserted.

Comment

What did you mean by "spun the bobbin a few times"? It is possible you need to adjust your hook rotational timing and/or your needle guard gap, if the bobbin case is not in the correct position. I have an ancient Big Red, so you'll have to look in your Operator's Manual for instructions.

Comment

Actually the problem was that I didn't have one of the parts installed correctly after cleaning. All good after reassembling!

Comment

Working...
        X