Fabric pulling through

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fabric pulling through

Hi, recently when I embroider on a plush (minky) material, 1) fabric gets pulled through the thread and 2) there like an outline of thread (almost like a zipper) around the border of some of the letters.

We use the clamp system (those yellow clamps) and I always make sure it’s secure. The bobbin case has been cleaned. I changed the auto feed limit from 4 to 7...

Anything else I should be doing. I’m really at a loss...

A water soluable topping to hold it down while you embroider on it works wonders.

Comment

Many home embroiderers use a light 'knock down' stitch first to prevent problems like you describe. I always use a water soluble topping too.
      Marcelle Lewis
      http://embroideryavenue.com
      http://embroidery.gotop100.com

Comment

Originally posted by Judy View Post
        A water soluable topping to hold it down while you embroider on it works wonders.
        Thanks! We actually always use water soluable solvy on this type of material...this is a fairly recent issue which is why I’m so lost...

Could it be pulling the material too tight? Would that be a bobbin tension issue?

Comment

When weird things happen I always start at bobbin, and tension in the hoop.

A different bobbin or bobbin case may help;
          Adding a layer of backing (even water soluble, but most likely a tear away) may help.

Is the minky tight enough in the clamp?

Comment

I feel like it is tight enough. I use tear away already...had tension tested today on bobbin and its working well...not sure what else is happening...

Originally posted by Judy View Post
            When weird things happen I always start at bobbin, and tension in the hoop.

A different bobbin or bobbin case may help;
            Adding a layer of backing (even water soluble, but most likely a tear away) may help.

Is the minky tight enough in the clamp?

Comment

Working...
            X