Quantcast New mighty hoop 17x16 settings

news

discussion boards mailing list tips / tricks / forms designs suppliers find a shop marketplace
News
  archives

Discussion
  main menu

Suppliers
  apparel

hats

thread
  backing
  hoops / hooping
  stock designs

Tips & Tricks
  main menu

Mailing List

my account

Amaya Shops
  locate a shop

Marketplace
  shop for supplies

Resources
  official Melco site
  online resources

Help Support This Site:

Post Thanks / Like

New mighty hoop 17x16 settings

Anyone have the settings or ideas on adding this hoop ..I have updated my files as they told on melco website but still doesnt show on list anyone added this hoop

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Ladyd, I'm thinking about purchasing this same item for XTS. Downloaded updated hoop file as well. Any luck so far? Also, how do you like this Mighty Hoop? I'm getting tired of lining up large, continuous designs on large fabric panels on the old wooden hoop and thinking this magnetic system might simplify the process.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've also thought about Mighty Hoops for the same reason as privatestudio. Has anyone used these for lining up continuous designs? Does anyone know the actual sew field dimensions for the largest Mighty Hoop?

Post Thanks / Like
    When I use Mighty Hoops, I always have to use a jig, or something to hold the bottom hoop in place, The magnets draw themselves together, even when you are not ready for them to. Also, I have to draw lines on my bottom and hoops center top/bottom and center left/right. I line the placement lines for the garment up using that, and hold the fabric taut while getting the top hoop down and on. I can then check the placements against the centering lines.

As far as the alignment of continuous designs, it would be done the same as for conventional hoops.

With shirts it is much easier using the hooping aids.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the hoop but I was just disappointed as you cannot use the whole hoop .it only allows you to go so far as the machine is only made to sew so big .I thought it would have a bigger sewing field

Post Thanks / Like
    Actual sewing area approximately 15.26" x 14.43" (387 x 366mm)

Post Thanks / Like
    So - really - the only hoop preset we need is the largest wooden hoop that comes with the machine?

Post Thanks / Like
    I use my 16x16 wooden all the time but you still can only sew that sewing field. there is a dotted line at the bottom when you hoop it shows on the screen and if you go off the hoop limits go into sewvice