Quantcast Hoop Tech vs. Melco Setup - Page 2

news

discussion boards mailing list tips / tricks / forms designs suppliers find a shop marketplace
News
  archives

Discussion
  main menu

Suppliers
  apparel

hats

thread
  backing
  hoops / hooping
  stock designs

Tips & Tricks
  main menu

Mailing List

my account

Amaya Shops
  locate a shop

Marketplace
  shop for supplies

Resources
  official Melco site
  online resources

Help Support This Site:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    I use the same CCF's with my XT as I did with my Big Red. I say this because I have an extra cap gauge that works with the older drivers. If you'd like to purchase it, please let me know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    I use the same CCF's with my XT as I did with my Big Red. I say this because I have an extra cap gauge that works with the older drivers. If you'd like to purchase it, please let me know.
    Thanks, Judy - Iíll definitely let you know. Sounds like you have the one piece to the puzzle that I need. Still curious if anybody has opinions on which frame/gauge setup is better - Hooptech or Melco.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    When we bought our oringal Amaya from melco - we got a Hooptech T Bar Framing Guage. It works perfectly fine with our CCF and WACF frames along with our specialty cap back frame. We also ordered more frames from Hooptech. They were back then the exact same as Melco's and worked just as the stuff we got with the machine.

Never had a problem. Go ahead and order direct... https://www.hooptechproducts.com/cap-frames/

You can call them to make sure the "Gen 2" is backwards compatible but I'm sure it is.
    John Yaglenski
    Amayausers.com - Webmaster
    Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
    Living the life on Hilton Head Island, SC and serving the world via our website!
    http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

4. Thanks Luckynhguy Thanked for this post
    Likes Luckynhguy Liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi John - I called Melco today and you are absolutely right. At least the guy I spoke with thinks 60%. New Melco cap hoops are compatible with older model drivers. He did say he was sure that the new red cap driver was NOT compatible with older machines, such as my Big Red.

He also said he was pretty sure the Hoop Tech hoops would also work with the old driver that I have.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Luckynhguy View Post
    Hi John - I called Melco today and you are absolutely right. At least the guy I spoke with thinks 60%. New Melco cap hoops are compatible with older model drivers. He did say he was sure that the new red cap driver was NOT compatible with older machines, such as my Big Red.

He also said he was pretty sure the Hoop Tech hoops would also work with the old driver that I have.

Yep. Iíll go further and say 99% chance they work. Half of our hoops are HoopTech. You should be good to go.

Melco is trying to shy away from commenting on new products working on old machines. They really want you to upgrade. Problem is, they built the Amayas to last. Despite a few issues here and there - our original reds are going strong. And many of parts were/are pretty interchangeable with XT/XTS machines.
    John Yaglenski
    Amayausers.com - Webmaster
    Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
    Living the life on Hilton Head Island, SC and serving the world via our website!
    http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

7. Thanks Luckynhguy Thanked for this post
    Likes Luckynhguy Liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    John thatís good to know. I took a huge risk with my Big Red and havenít been disappointed. Itís an incredible machine. Iíll let you all know how I make out, but I can tell you right now Iím leaning toward the hoop tech option.