X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• False Bobbin Breaks

Hi,

What causes False bobbin breaks?

On one Amaya XT (red) I get false bobbin breaks one after another about every three seconds.

I have installed the new thread roller kit, the new thread sensor bar kit, all new needles, and oiled the bobbin area with one drop of oil.

Thanks,
    Steve
    Steve Griswold<br />Impressions Embroidered Apparel LLC<br /><a href=\"http://www.ImpressionsWear.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.ImpressionsWear.com</a><br />Atlanta GA

Another thing you can check is see if there is any lint caught in the bobbin casing. Slip a business card (or other card stock) under the bobbin threader (take the bobbin out), look for lint and blow the thing out.

Dorothy
    Dorothy Compton, Owner<br />Bee Embroidered<br /><a href=\"http://www.BeeEmbroidered.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.BeeEmbroidered.com</a><br />(916) 635-7467

Comment

Another thing you can check is see if there is any lint caught in the bobbin casing. Slip a business card (or other card stock) under the bobbin threader (take the bobbin out), look for lint and blow the thing out.

Dorothy
      Dorothy Compton, Owner<br />Bee Embroidered<br /><a href=\"http://www.BeeEmbroidered.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.BeeEmbroidered.com</a><br />(916) 635-7467

Comment

Thanks Dorothy.

Yeah the bobbin case looks fine to me and I put in a new bobbin and cleaned the case.

The bobbin does not actually break, it just thinks it does and I have to hit the button again and again to keep it sewing. No bird nesting, just false breaks.
        Steve Griswold<br />Impressions Embroidered Apparel LLC<br /><a href=\"http://www.ImpressionsWear.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.ImpressionsWear.com</a><br />Atlanta GA

Comment

False bobbin breaks 101.

Cause....loose condition of thread around the thread break sensor OR the threadbreak sensor is malfunctioning.

Condition could be caused by ...incorrect settings, possible cable connections to main CPU, presser foot height, poor lubrication issues on the machine, static electricity, takeup lever cam disk wear not allowing the takeup levers to move through it's required stroke(distance), poor hooping techniques(loose), poor digitizing, needle orientation, bobbin tension, belt tensions, hook timing......just to name a few...

Need I go on??

Rod Springer
          Amaya Tech & Trainer
          Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

When ever I've had this happen it's always been pressure foot height was wrong. Some materials like the pressure foot tighter and some not so tight. But I've found that for most of what I do I set it where a thin pieces of paper (such as a post-it note) slides easily between the pressure foot and the fabric. If I start to get false or real thead or bobbin breaks then I lower, if it gets worse then I raise the foot (only 1 click) Usually works for me, but if it doesn't then I check the needle for burrs and orientation.

Comment

Hum,

Issue:

1. False bobbin breaks on most needles if not all
              2. Thread breaks in half while sewing on some needles if not all.
              3. Unthreads needles to left and right of sewing needle.

What I have tried:

1. Installed new amaya xt roller kit
              2. installed new amaya xt thread break sensor bar kit
              3. 16 brand new needles
              4. new bobbin case and checked bobbin case tension.
              5. cleaned bobbin area. No lint, no bird nests, added one drop of oil.
              6. Tried three different designs. Some do sew longer than others before I get one of my issues. Designs are mostly standard Amaya font text.
              7. Adjusted pressure foot. Tried every setting one click at a time several times.
              8. Running OS 9 and using Auto tension.
              9. This is an Amaya XT (red) machine.
              10 Tried different shirts / backing and hooping tensions.

Ideas:

False Bobbin Breaks - No clue here. seems to happen more often on smaller letters that larger letters. Also needle 16 and 3 that I was testing on has false bobbin breaks about every 3-5 seconds. But when I test on my black thread and white thread needles I do not get false bobbin breaks. It just snaps the thread in half as it sews about every 10-30 seconds or so.

Unthreading Needles -

If I sew on needle 4, then needle 3 and 2 will unthread themselves.

I did have a tech out about two weeks ago to go over the machine and it was sewing fine. About a week later it started doing false thread breaks, then false bobbin breaks. Melco thought it was the older thread sensor bar, so we ordered the new one and installed that yesterday and still have the same results.

We will probabaly call out a tech again, but just wanted to go over what we have done to see if anyone has any other ideas.

thanks,
              Steve

Comment

Here's what I can throw in...you can adjust the length of the 'tail' of thread left when it cuts. We had thread pulling out of the needles when we first got our big red-and tech found the thread length setting was on short-changed it to medium (?) I think-and it's been fine ever since.
                False bobbin breaks...on small letters-we found density was too many stitches-increase (higher number) to get less stitches. Very rarely do I run
                any small text under setting of 5 and breaks are none existent.
                False thread/bobbin breaks means the sensors are seeing 'loose' thread. This can mean your thread feed setting is off-it's spitting out thread faster than it is being sewn, or the presser foot is too high-material isn't being held down so the thread (bobbin) isn't being pulled tight.
                Or, as we found once-a jacket had pulled the hoop arms down and slightly bent them-so any hoops loaded after that were pulling down on the needle plate. Material was too 'tight' on the plate and it caused thread breaks from the thread/bobbin being pulled too tight.
                It's a highwire balancing act to get everything to work together...even having the needles off a little in the 'slight turn to right' instead of dead on straight can affect how it runs.
                Now, in case your needle plate itself might have damage-take it off (and also, duh, we did this more than once-make sure you are not using the raised plate!) and rub a Q tip around the needle hole from both sides. If there is any burr there the cotton tip will snag and show you. This alone is enough to cut thread! If you ever had a needle snap chances are good it may have hit the side of the hole and left a miniscule burr you may not see. Our tech found the rotating 'knife' (I know, there is a technical term for it but I don't remember it) had a burr from a bent needle-thread and bobbin were breaking every 10-20 stitches. I gave it a 'jeweler's polish' (I am a silversmith) and brought it back to mirror finish and it has been working fine for 4 years. No one had a spare at the time so I just went to my bench and took care of it. NOT recommended if you don't know how or have the proper polishing equipment.

Comment

Steve,
                  After checking all that has been recommended by everyone on the list, consider this:
                  Are you sewing using "tear away" backing in combination with column stitches that are too narrow? (For example, did you shrink your design?)
                  Are you using the "Auto" Acti-feed setting? You should be.
                  Or are you running your machine with Amaya OS software from 2005?
                  When you installed your thread feed roller upgrade kit, did you apply lubrication to the rollers or did you simply just snap them on?

Let us know,
                  Sincerely,
                  Ed Orantes
                  -The Embroidery Authority-<br /><br />\"Turning your Problems into Production.\"<br />Ed Orantes<br />504-258-6260

Comment

Steve -

You said you installed the new threadbreak sensor. To me the problems seem realated to that new variable. Why don't you try putting the old sensor back on and see how it runs?

If it works, then something is up with the new one. When troubleshooting a new problem, I always try to think what I did when the problem started, and if I made multiple changes, roll things back and then add them in one by one to see what caused the issue.
                    John Yaglenski
                    Amayausers.com - Webmaster
                    Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
                    Hilton Head Island, SC
                    http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

I was having this problem a lot until I started using a humidifier in the room. I turn it on about 30 minutes before I start sewing and its helped a lot.

Comment

Hi,

We called Hugo and he was AWESOME! We had a different issue with one of our other Amaya's and he helped us figure that one out.

We still have to work on the false bobbin break machine, but he gave us some ideas to try there also. I'll let everyone know when that machine is back up and running and what we did to fix it.

THANKS HUGO

Comment

I have always had great feedback and prompt service with Hugo. He is truly professional, helpful, and very prompt in responding if I call him. Hugo has saved me several times, from pushing my Amaya out the front door and down the steps. He has explained things to me about my machine that have helped me so much. He has walked me through steps to correct problems so that I can continue to stitch until he can service my machine. I am always so thankful and very pleased when he comes to my shop, with the work that he does. Hugo, you are the best!!
                          Blessings~cindy

Comment

Eeeeeverybody Loves Hugo
                            John Yaglenski
                            Amayausers.com - Webmaster
                            Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
                            Hilton Head Island, SC
                            http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

Working...
                            X