Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laser allignment

Hi All,
    Made a huge mistake when sewing name/title on a lab coat, neglected to add "MD" to the end of the last name. Now I gotta go in there and see if I can somehow add the "MD." Is there a way to use the laser on my EMT16 to make sure it's same size, correctly aligned, and even with the full name? Certainly don't want to buy a lab coat!
    Many thanx!
    Mike

What I would do is append the MD to the original design. That will make sure it's the right size.

Then find a fixed point on the existing letters. Put a one stitch digitized dot at that fixed point to test your line up. For example, if the last letter was a T, put the dot at the bottom of the T. Then hoop the garment up and get it lined up as straight as possible using the laser doing a trace. Adjust straightness first as necessary in the hoop.

Then, once you think you have things lined up and proper - advance the design in the OS to the point where the dot is. Make sure that the needle is not threaded at this point. Hit start and see where it puts that point. Quickly hit stop. Evaluate how well you lined up and then backup and try it again.

When you get it right, sew. It probably won't be perfect - but it likely will be good enough to save your bacon!
    John Yaglenski
    Amayausers.com - Webmaster
    Levelbest Embroidery - Owner

Living the life on Hilton Head Island, SC and serving the world via our website! http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

Great tutorial...been in the biz for 16yrs, never thought of having un threaded needle, but I will now... Thank You...
      Hidden Cottage

Comment

Originally posted by Hidden Cottage View Post
        Great tutorial...been in the biz for 16yrs, never thought of having un threaded needle, but I will now... Thank You...
        Ha - glad it helped. Make enough mistakes - you find a few good solutions.
        John Yaglenski
        Amayausers.com - Webmaster
        Levelbest Embroidery - Owner

Living the life on Hilton Head Island, SC and serving the world via our website! http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

I use a technique similar to John's, but use more than one point to make sure that the design is aligned in the same way as the original hooping. Rather than hitting start/stop, I go to the maintenance tab and hit 'bottom center'; the needle stays down until I hit 'head up'. I even thread the needle sometimes if the location has to exact because the thread will enter the fabric and it's easier to see exactly where the needle entered after I press 'head up'. Then I simply pull the thread out. The thing that you have to be sure of when you do this is not to press any direction keys while the maintenance tab it open because this will move the needle case over to needle #1, which is not the end of the world because it can moved back using the keypad - it's just a pain.

Comment

line up file

I have had to do this a lot,
            I have a client that asks us to remove names and replace
            it is tedious but billed out hourly...

the way we have perfected is
            with the original design in DS
            create a running stitch that starts at the top left corner
            down to the bottom and across to the bottom right corner

making all corrections
            move your running stitch to the first color.
            delete your original design and you will be left with two color changes.
            the line and the correction.

now do your laser alignment / turn off all thread detection

and with a needle unthreaded Push and HOLD the start button
            the machine will sew slow (very slow) until you release it.
            you can see exactly where you need to adjust.
            do so and reset and try again.

works for us

attempted to upload a pick to demo but could not, strange?
            [email protected]
            Jerome in Minnesota
            (320)259-1151

Comment

if any one wants the sample ofm or jpg let me know I will send it to you
              [email protected]
              Jerome in Minnesota
              (320)259-1151

Comment

I do a lot of repair.
                I do work for a uniform company and they regularly spell names wrong, forget things that need to be on the shirts also

take your time don't rush it and you will be fine
                realize that this is going to take time and be patient

Comment

Working...
                X