Thread breaks when needle first goes down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread breaks when needle first goes down

I have an Amaya XT. I am having an issue with the thread breaking off inside the bobbin case area. This happens every time the needle comes down the first time. This happens on all the needles so I have eliminated a bad needle. I have cleaned the cutter area as each time there is thread left behind from the break. Does anyone have an idea what it could be?
    Gary from Illinois<br />G&C Embroidery Designs

I have suggestions -- the first three have worked for me. The fourth one I have heard of but never needed to try.

Check for burrs in the needle plate. Change out your bobbin case. Check your gap. Check the bottom center timing.

Comment

Originally posted by Judy View Post
      I have suggestions -- the first three have worked for me. The fourth one I have heard of but never needed to try.

Check for burrs in the needle plate. Change out your bobbin case. Check your gap. Check the bottom center timing.
      The needle plate is fine. What gap are you saying. How do you check bottom center timing. Is it like you are checking you pressure foot distance?

Comment

The gap is between the back of the hook assembly and the machine. When you got the toolkit for your machine there was a flat piece of metal included. That is a feeler gauge for that gap. If you ever gapped sparkplugs, it's the same principal.

The bottom center is checked by opening Tools . Somewhere in there is a screen where you can make the machine do things like cutter in/cutter out, bottom center, etc. Put machine on bottom center, and see what the degrees are. That number should be the same as the number written on your machine under the big black base cover.

Did you try a different bobbin case?

Comment

Originally posted by Judy View Post
          The gap is between the back of the hook assembly and the machine. When you got the toolkit for your machine there was a flat piece of metal included. That is a feeler gauge for that gap. If you ever gapped sparkplugs, it's the same principal.

The bottom center is checked by opening Tools . Somewhere in there is a screen where you can make the machine do things like cutter in/cutter out, bottom center, etc. Put machine on bottom center, and see what the degrees are. That number should be the same as the number written on your machine under the big black base cover.

Did you try a different bobbin case?
          According to the readout I show 179 and under the motor cover it should be 200.1. How do I fix it?

Comment

Is it possible that the thread breaking problem could be caused by a problem with the thread trimmer?
            Recently, one of the thread trimmer cables on my Amaya XT quietly broke during a trim and left the cutter blade near enough to the path of the needle that the thread would shred while sewing. I remember hearing a faint thud when it broke but was not able to immediately pinpoint the location of the sound.
            Once the cable was replaced, all was well.
            Mary Buckle, Charlotte, NC

Comment

I want to get back with all of you and let you now what the problem was. I have been embroidering baseballs and softballs and using tacky stabilizer. All I needed to do was to clean the rotary hook by using G96 gun cleaning solvent. The results was no more problems. Thank you all for your assistance. This is such an awsome group. I am now using tear away stabilizer under the tacky and under the hoop. I will see if that will help in reducing the sticky from causing problems in the future. Thanks again

Comment

Working...
              X