groaning sound when starting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• groaning sound when starting

My machine is starting to make a groaning sound when it takes the first few stitches after stopping. The machine will cut a thread and stop. Then while taking about the first 4 stitches and the machine is going slow, it groans. Once it gets past those first few stitches and gets up to speed the noise goes away. Any suggestions what might be causing this? I'm hoping some oil in the right spot will keep a repairman away.

Thanks,

Susan Riedlinger
    Embroidery Station
    Columbus, OH
    Susan<br />Embroidery Station

How is your cable tension?
    John Yaglenski
    Amayausers.com - Webmaster
    Levelbest Embroidery - Owner

Living the life on Hilton Head Island, SC and serving the world via our website! http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

Cable tension seems good but I'm not exactly sure how tight it should be. I can flex it some but not a lot. It is tight when looking at it...looks level in all spots

Comment

Susan - pretty tough thing to check on your own without a gauge. Hoping someone has suggestions on how to do it for the normal user. Typically, the growling sound will happen when the tension has dropped and needs to be tightened. It doesn't take long to fix, but if you don't have a tech local it could be expensive because of travel.
        John Yaglenski

Living the life on Hilton Head Island, SC and serving the world via our website! http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
          Susan - pretty tough thing to check on your own without a gauge. Hoping someone has suggestions on how to do it for the normal user. Typically, the growling sound will happen when the tension has dropped and needs to be tightened. It doesn't take long to fix, but if you don't have a tech local it could be expensive because of travel.
          Thanks John. Sounds like it is time finally call a tech and have a complete tune up. I usually don't mess with what isn't broke but it has been a long time since having a tech out to do anything. Just been doing the normal maintenance.

I also want to thank you John for keeping this group up and running. Years ago when I was fairly new I kept up with the group but I'm so busy now with orders and family life that I only come here when I need to get help, either by researching or asking questions. This group and all the participants are a wonderful resource!!!

Susan
          Embroidery Station
          Columbus, OH

Comment

Originally posted by susan View Post
            Thanks John. Sounds like it is time finally call a tech and have a complete tune up. I usually don't mess with what isn't broke but it has been a long time since having a tech out to do anything. Just been doing the normal maintenance.

I also want to thank you John for keeping this group up and running. Years ago when I was fairly new I kept up with the group but I'm so busy now with orders and family life that I only come here when I need to get help, either by researching or asking questions. This group and all the participants are a wonderful resource!!!

Susan
            Embroidery Station
            Columbus, OH
            Thanks Susan - we aren't as busy around these parts as we used to be but there are still some great people offering fantastic advice to the community... it's why I keep paying the bills
            John Yaglenski

Comment

Speaking of that
              When was the last time
              I gave you some help?
              on the funds side..?
              [email protected]
              Jerome in Minnesota
              (320)259-1151

Comment

Originally posted by Greenwing View Post
                Speaking of that
                When was the last time
                I gave you some help?
                on the funds side..?
                Thanks so much for the donation I just saw come in! Helps with the hosting bill!
                John Yaglenski

Comment

I have never been one to think the good things in life are free,
                  They are however worth supporting....
                  ;-)
                  [email protected]
                  Jerome in Minnesota
                  (320)259-1151

Comment

Is this the gauge you are referring too?

I have an Amaya xt--big red. I found this on the melco site. My husband is pretty handy. Thinking of buying the gauge and checking the tension.
                    file:///C:/Users/Q/AppData/Local/Packages/Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe/TempState/Downloads/Adjusting%20X%20Cable%20Tension.pdf

Comment

My machine also started groaning at some time in the past. It was determined that I needed to tighten the cables under the "wings". So I did that, just a little, ran a small file, and kept tightening until the groaning stopped. It has been good all this time.
                      Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Working...
                      X