Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• loud noise, cables loose?

Hey,

On our two Amaya XT's when it sew a fast left to right motion I hear a VERY loud almost rubbing sound. When I look behind the long gray oval shpaed platic piece I can see metal rollers and metal cables. When this noise happens I see those cables jumping up and down. So I assume they need to be tightened.

1. How do I tighten them?
    2. How do I know what amount to tighten them?

Thanks,
    Steve
    Steve Griswold<br />Impressions Embroidered Apparel LLC<br /><a href=\"http://www.ImpressionsWear.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.ImpressionsWear.com</a><br />Atlanta GA

Why don't you try just greasing them first. Sounds like they are dry. Do they chatter. If they are dry, they will.

And while you are at it, oil the Y axis rods also.

Juli in Kona
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Steve,

A special fixture and a force gauge is used by the techs to properly adjust the X-axis cables to the proper tension.

Rod Springer
      amaya Tech & Trainer
      Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Hi, Juli,

The machines sew along and then is gets so loud you can't even talk in the same room. Then 20 seconds later it's fine, then maybe loud again for 5 seconds, etc.

I did oil the long silver rods. I thought that might be the issue, but it was not, but at least those are set.

When you say to grease them, Do I grease the cables or the metal pullies? Do you use EMB or the other grease?

Thanks
        Steve Griswold<br />Impressions Embroidered Apparel LLC<br /><a href=\"http://www.ImpressionsWear.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.ImpressionsWear.com</a><br />Atlanta GA

Comment

Steve,
          DO NOT grease the pulleys or the cables.

What Juli is referring to are the Y Rails. They are the long round silver rods located under the plastic side covers. You use regular thin oil and put it in the oiling ports in the Y-rail guides.

I believe this is in the 20 million stitch timer if you want to view the process.

Rod Springer
          Amauya Tech & Trainer
          Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Hi Rod.

Thanks, yeah I did the Y Rails in that small plastic hole on the top of each of the two rails. I still get the same loud rubbing sound on certain stitch patterns. When the machine moves Left to Right I get a loud sound.

So I think the cables need to be tightened. When the machine makes a ton of noise I can see those cables that run left to right, not front to back, they are jumping all over the place, then the noise stops and those cables on the pullies look fine.

These are the cables that are hidden behind the long plastic piece that you screw your arms or fast frames to. You have to actually look from the back of the machine foward to see these.

I have one machine that makes this super load noise. My seocnd machine I can tell is starting to make this same sound, but not as loud. My third machine makes no noise and the cables feel just a tad tighter to the touch.

Can I buy this tool to test the cable tension?

Comment

Have you by chance upgraded to v9 software? If you have, the problem you are having is caused by the way the software runs the machine. The x cable definitely needs to be tightened. You need to contact Melco because the amount of tension has changed to a tighter setting than what is shown in the operators manual. I do know that they are working on a new tool that will help with this tension.

Comment

Hi, Djames,

Yes, we just did upgrade and that is when this started.

Ok, will call Melco to see what needs to be done.

Thanks,
                Steve

Comment

The RSA files have been changed in V9 and if your cables are loose you get a very noisy harmonic. You can tighten them yourself if you have the force tension gauge with the end that fits on the cable. If you are close enough to a tech where the travel costs don't kill you that would be the way to go.

Steve
                  Trinity Embroidery
                  Steve I.<br />Trinity Emb

Comment

Hi, Steve I,

Thanks. I am in Atlanta and actually just had a tech over, and then later that day we installed V9 after he left. Figures. If you have to adjust the tension more than just this one time, then I might invest in the tension gauge so I don't have to call someone every time I need to do this. If this is a one time deal, then it might work out to be able the same if I have our tech back out.

From looking at the gauges available, does anyone know what weight range the gauge needs to cover?

I assume you also need just a small wrench to tighten the cable at the end.

Thanks,
                    Steve

Comment

Working...
                    X