Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Standing Lace

Hi,
    Wondering if anyone has sewn a free standing lace pattern onto a pair of jeans? I'd like to sew a mask onto the leg of a pair of jeans, and want the denim removed, so you see skin, just can't wrap my head around how to accomplish that. Probably easy...but not coming to me. Any suggestions?
    Thank You,
    Susan
    @Hidden Cottage
    Hidden Cottage

Google how to do cut work lace on an embroidery machine. It usually requires some specific digitizing -- it lays a pattern down, and you cut out where shown, then back into the machine and embroider the rest.

Comment

Judy,
      Thank You for responding.
      I already have the design, I'm just not sure how to have skin show underneath.
      Possibly lay presewn mask onto jean leg, outline it, cut inside the line, use the FSL backing as backing, and sew it onto the leg by the edges...? Then wet it and the baking will dissolve..
      Reasonable?
      Susan
      Hidden Cottage

Comment

Maybe add some walking stitches to your existing design. Pull your design up in your digitizing program, and add walking stitches all around where you want to cut out. Sew that first. Remove hoop from machine. Do not unhoop. Cut out along lines. Reinsert hoop and press sew.

Comment

FSL and cutwork are two different things FSL has a lot of stitching and that will not allow you to cut away the denim. You want to do cutwork
          JohannaS
          Material Endings

Comment

Since you're not going to embroider the FSL directly on the jeans, I think you're suggested method would work. I would cut away the denim with applique scissors after sewing the lace and the backing onto the jeans using a regular sewing machine. I would also experiment with a similar fabric to find the best stitch to both look nice on the front and to finish the raw edge of the denim on the inside. I think trying to fit the mask to hole you've already cut could be a nightmare.

Comment

I have done this quite often.
              you only need to create a running stitch about 10-12 pts inside the lace design edge
              I then duplicate it with a 3pt offset.
              then convert the running stitch to a satin column center.
              you stitch the running stitches first setting the machine to applique after the color stop.
              remove the hoop (leaving the item hooped ) and carefully cut out the center as close as you can to the running stitches.
              then put it back on the machine and finish the design.
              ending with the satin center of about 20 pts
              or more
              You do all of this on valine ( water soluble backing )
              do not use topping solve.
              [email protected]
              Jerome in Minnesota
              (320)259-1151

Comment

Working...
              X