What are these needles used for??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are these needles used for??

Anybody know what these Schmetz needles are used for? I inherited them a few months ago, and I don't know how to read the notations.

Canu: 14 : 25 FB
    Nm: 80/12
    System: 16x231 SUK
    16x257 SUK, 287 WH SUK
    1738 (A) SUK
    DBx1 SUK

I don't even know if these are ballpoints or sharps . . .

16 x 257 and DBx1 are both designations for standard industrial machine needles, which includes Melco machines. SUK indicates a medium ballpoint. These should work in our machines, BUT these needles do not have the larger eye designed for high speed embroidery as do the the DB-K5's which are recommended. They should work, but not as well. Here are a couple of links I found when my wholesale sewing supplier was trying to tell me that their 16x257's were the same as the DB-K5's:

The world's leading industrial thread manufacturer serving the Apparel and Footwear industries and Speciality markets such as Automotive and Fibre Optics.

Comment

I never before considered that my needles were in any way responsible for thread breaks. After reading the above mentioned pdf, I will have to rethink the whole problem.
      Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Wow, interesting! That is all very useful and new-to-me information. Thank you for the thorough reply!

Comment

I was afraid others would think, "Too much information," so I'm glad it helped. I found the metallic needles that I am now using from this information.

Comment

Working...
          X