Thread coming loose while sewing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread coming loose while sewing

I have 2 Amaya XTS, I was running a 19K logo on 24 shirts and pullovers. Machines were running great until the last 3 or 4 pieces. I did maintence on machines before I started, new needles etc. All of the sudden one of the machines seemed to come unthreaded and backlash so that the thread was everywhere, all the way up to the red feed rollers.
    I thought it was a timing issues but we checked hook timing, and many of the other critical measurements. The cable was off we corrected that and there was a lot of improvement.
    Still having upper thread moving unattached or breaking, and the thread sensors not
    Icing up on it and thread being feed everywhere.
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I would start at my default favorite -- up arrow key and left arrow key pressed at the same time. The machine makes a thunking sound.

After that, I turn it off and on, and make it do a forced download.

That has always saved my behind. I run only one machine, so not sure if reloading software would help since one machine is behaving for you.

Best of luck!

Comment

Focus on your thread feed area...

Is this happening on more than one needle?

If it is on one needle only, check to make sure you got your roller completely snapped into place and be sure you didn't get any grease on the roller part of the wheel. If you did, usually the thread runs off to the left and will make a mess.

Check the thread feed drive gear and be sure it isn't cracked.

Make sure the thread is in the little "V Notch" of the black face plates that go over your rollers.

I know this one sounds dumb, but is the pinch roller down?

As a last resort, check in the Tech Manual CD for Thread Feed 200 test and make sure there isn't something wrong with the thread feed motor. My guess is, if this just started after performing maintenance, it is one of the above things and not a thread feed motor issue however.

This might be a good start point.

Sharon Springer
      Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

I really appreciate you both for taking the time to reply. My post wasn't well written - sorry!
        I changed needles, hook maintenance before starting the job. All went well for the most part. Actifeed was hard to adjust because of the design, sewing on on top of the heavy stitching, the outline, etc. all of which Needed different actifeed settings. I tried to set feed by needle / color, still required adjustments throughout. Machines ran constantly until the last 3.
        The machine suddenly seemed not to tie stitches and the top thread would come loose and start going everywhere. --- all needles in the design.
        I've taken bobbin case apart to make sure no strings are interfering, checked thread path, thread is in "V" notch, checked red feed rollers to see that they are in snugly.
        It just seems there is a problem with bobbin and thread - and that the top thread is coming loose.
        I checked the x cable and it did need adjustment, and that seemed to make a marked improvement.
        Will do all of this again, and try the Judy suggestion....

Comment

There are several things you pointed out that raise a lot of questions....."acti feed was hard to adjust because of the design???" Are you using ""Auto acti-feed?" If not, why not? If so, what is the "auto lower limit" ( min ) set to?

In Tools, Settings, is "All Thread Protection" enabled??

As Sharon mentioned, The main threadfeed drive gear may be suspect. If it is broken AND the "All Thread Protection" is disabled, then thread would feed continously as you have described, regardless of which needle is being used. The links below will show you where this little nylon drive gear is located.

"I have take bobbin case apart"?? To what extent? Are you referring to just the "bobbin case" or are you referring to the rotary hook and rotary hook basket that the bobbin case fits into?

There is no reason that you should have to change the acti-feed settings so often as you described unless you are using the "Standard mode" and not the "Auto mode" of acti-feed and even then....well...??

This one has kind of drug me out of hiding...so to speak....so feel free to give me a call if none of the above works out for you

Rod Springer
          Amaya Tech & Trainer
          208-898-4117
          Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Working...
          X