How much is too much?? Column width adjustment/Pull %

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much is too much?? Column width adjustment/Pull %

I'm working in Design Shop Pro+. Is it safe to increase column width/pull% to 150%? I did this once before in the Scale menu to make a font wider so that it would match an existing design. My supervisor is concerned that it may be unwise, as she has never seen a pull% higher than 105% or so. If this is a bad idea, any tips on how to widen the letters in an existing font?

Thanks,
    Kayla

Originally posted by RauGirl View Post
    I'm working in Design Shop Pro+. Is it safe to increase column width/pull% to 150%? I did this once before in the Scale menu to make a font wider so that it would match an existing design. My supervisor is concerned that it may be unwise, as she has never seen a pull% higher than 105% or so. If this is a bad idea, any tips on how to widen the letters in an existing font?

Thanks,
    Kayla
    Depending on the thickness of the material and what you need for the stitching to do - sure. Worry less about what's on screen and more about how things actually sew. Run the design on some scrap - see if it works for what you're trying to accomplish.

Hard to say - don't do this or do - do that - without seeing specific examples.
    John Yaglenski
    Amayausers.com - Webmaster
    Levelbest Embroidery - Owner

Living the life on Hilton Head Island, SC and serving the world via our website! http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
      Depending on the thickness of the material and what you need for the stitching to do - sure. Worry less about what's on screen and more about how things actually sew. Run the design on some scrap - see if it works for what you're trying to accomplish.

Hard to say - don't do this or do - do that - without seeing specific examples.
      Thanks for responding, John! The last time I did this adjustment, it did sew just fine. I was rather hoping that the truth would be in the sew; thanks for confirming that.

Comment

I do this all the time, especially with narrower columns. You have to watch for things like filling in the hole in a 'p' or losing details. Sometimes it is better to adjust the column width by points rather than by percentage. Here's a good discussion of this issue:

Comment

Working...
        X