Windows 10 Compatiblity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 10 Compatiblity

When we got here this morning, 2 of our 3 computers had automatically upgraded to Windows 10 (including our sew room computer). When I called our IT rep, he said that as of the end of July, if customers don't upgrade to Windows 10, they will be charge a $179 fee per computer. He said that would be an ongoing fee. SO...we basically have no choice but to upgrade. However, I can't even get our computer to "talk" to our machines this morning. We have 1 XT and 3 XTS machines. I'm waiting on Melco to open (they are 3 hours behind us here on the east coast) to figure out what to do. I was previously told by a Melco tech that DS/OS isn't compatible with Windows 10. That was when it was first released so there might be updated software out there that I'm not aware of.

Anyone having a similar experience?

Originally posted by ErinsExpressions View Post
    When we got here this morning, 2 of our 3 computers had automatically upgraded to Windows 10 (including our sew room computer). When I called our IT rep, he said that as of the end of July, if customers don't upgrade to Windows 10, they will be charge a $179 fee per computer. He said that would be an ongoing fee. SO...we basically have no choice but to upgrade. However, I can't even get our computer to "talk" to our machines this morning. We have 1 XT and 3 XTS machines. I'm waiting on Melco to open (they are 3 hours behind us here on the east coast) to figure out what to do. I was previously told by a Melco tech that DS/OS isn't compatible with Windows 10. That was when it was first released so there might be updated software out there that I'm not aware of.

Anyone having a similar experience?
    All of our original big reds are running on Windows 10 - no major issues at all. Have tried 3 different computers without problem. Only annoyance is sometimes we get a message that "Ethernet communications did not start" upon OS start up in the morning. Closing and re-launching the OS OR turning the machine on first and then launching the OS seems to be the work around.
    John Yaglenski
    Amayausers.com - Webmaster
    Levelbest Embroidery - Owner

Living the life on Hilton Head Island, SC and serving the world via our website! http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

We are trying to run OS Flex+ v. 10.00.051. I have force download checked and the machines are now powering up but the screen is greyed out and none of the machines are showing up. I'm not familiar with Windows 10 at all so just navigating trying to find control panel and such is aggravating. If I can just get the machines up and going, I can learn Windows 10. Any suggestions for what I should try?

Comment

Originally posted by ErinsExpressions View Post
        We are trying to run OS Flex+ v. 10.00.051. I have force download checked and the machines are now powering up but the screen is greyed out and none of the machines are showing up. I'm not familiar with Windows 10 at all so just navigating trying to find control panel and such is aggravating. If I can just get the machines up and going, I can learn Windows 10. Any suggestions for what I should try?
        Assume you went into Tools > Options > Ethernet and made sure your card was selected?

You can also try powering on the machine first and then loading the os.

Lastly, in another post someone had the link to setting up the Ethernet card for the machines properly if all else fails.

On the control panel, just like in 7, right mouse click on the desktop and choose personalize. Then in the settings box that comes up, in the upper right corner, type desktop icons. Choose SHOW HIDE COMMON ICONS ON THE DESKTOP - and in that box, check CONTROL PANEL AND NETWORK. You'll then have shortcuts right on the desktop where you need them. First thing I do on every win10 computer.....
        John Yaglenski

Living the life on Hilton Head Island, SC and serving the world via our website! http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

Although quoting myself.... if you are running OS 10 on windows 10, you shouldn't have to do special network card setup..... http://www.amayausers.com/discussion...ethernet+setup

Maybe you have some OLD settings if you ran v9 on that machine previously?
          John Yaglenski

Comment

I called support and we ended up having to swap the connections to the two network cards on the back of the tower. Apparently our cluster liked one card better than the other for some reason. Makes no sense to me but we're up and going this morning so far.

Comment

Working...
            X