EMT16 false thread break ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMT16 false thread break ???

I keep having false thread breaks regardless of the settings entered in the thread break sensitivity field.
    I started at 0 to finally end up around -70, the following morning using another design a +30 value was needed to barely stop the false tread break!
    That particular design is very simple, normal density column with a low density underlay. The false thread break happens for no reason right in the middle of a straight line of stitches and alway during the underlay part of the design.
    The bobbin tension is accurately set with a Towa bobbin case tension gauge, and the presser foot height is adjusted to barely touching the material being sewn out.
    I have already checked the needle timing, no issues.
    Trim is working well, quality of embroidery is good.
    This EMT16 is brand new, just 3 months old and has always been very difficult in this regard.
    My other Amaya XTS is reliable and has no problem whatsoever.

I would appreciate very much is someone could spend some time trying to solve this issue with some new ideas.

i know your frustration. I have EMT-16 about 10 months old now. The only two adjustment i make now is pressure foot height and feed adjustment anywhere from 2-4 and machine is finally sewing really well.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion, tried it and it seems to have some effect but it's not 100% reliable.
      I'm now suspecting that there must be some kind of balance to be established between those settings and the thread break sensitivity in the maintenance settings.
      Also, What is the reset TBS button for, and when should it be used?

Comment

Hello, Melco-Service.com has a good FAQ on the TBS stuff.

Comment

thanks Mike Doe, I'm aware of this one and I followed religiously the instruction to no avail.
          I end up way out of this range of settings and it's far from perfect.

Comment

I don't have an EMT16, but I know with other machines you want to set your presser foot as low as you can without damaging the fabric. "barely touching the material" sounds like a recipe for false thread breaks.

Comment

make sure your bobbin tension is between 18-22 grams. If it is and you are still encountering false breaks take TBS adjust number up to 100. then if needed start working yourself down from there. If one day the numbers in TBS works and the next its off I would check your bobbin case to make sure it is holding a constant tension.

Comment

We have this constant issue too. Check with what software you are using, we went back to an older version of software that came out before we bought machines and it solved that problem now if it could only solve all the other issues with these machines

Comment

Working...
                X