Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DS V9/OS V10 possible upgrade to DS V10/OS V11 - Worth it??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS V9/OS V10 possible upgrade to DS V10/OS V11 - Worth it??

We currently use DS Pro Plus v9 and OS v10 on (1) XT and (3) XTS machines. We are considering adding 1-2 EMT16 machines and when we received the quote from our sales rep, he mentioned v10 DS and v11 OS. We've experienced alot of headaches in the past when upgrading software so we're skeptical to do so unnecessarily. Is anyone that has upgraded willing to share the pros/cons and improvements that have been made? Any issues with the upgrade? Things to consider? I'm not sure if we could even run the EMT16s on OS10.

Hi.
    If you purchase the EMT 16's you will have to have the MOSV11 software. You can run the other machines on that software as well. I have an EMT16 and XTS and run them both on the MOSV11.
    The DS V10 is nice, they have updated and added alphabets to this version. Your sales rep can send you exactly what has changed from 9 to 10, as I don't remember all the changes.

Hope this helps.

Linda

Comment

Thanks Linda - this helps alot. We like to hear from people who have actually ran the software in a situation similar to ours to get their opinion. Our sales rep gave us the update info. but it was extremely vague with the exception of the fact that fonts were added. We basically wanted to know if there were new features or other changes in the functionality - which it sounds like there isn't. Thanks for your input!

Comment

Originally posted by ErinsExpressions View Post
        Thanks Linda - this helps alot. We like to hear from people who have actually ran the software in a situation similar to ours to get their opinion. Our sales rep gave us the update info. but it was extremely vague with the exception of the fact that fonts were added. We basically wanted to know if there were new features or other changes in the functionality - which it sounds like there isn't. Thanks for your input!
        On this upgrade, I'd say if it works fine on 9/10 - stick with it. There are a few nice features regards to the font grouping and other things but having both, I find myself sticking to ds9. Works well for us. Depending on your needs, your mileage may vary 😀

Now if you are lower than 9/10 - I would definitely upgrade.
        John Yaglenski
        Amayausers.com - Webmaster
        Levelbest Embroidery - Owner

Living the life on Hilton Head Island, SC and serving the world via our website! http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

For anyone that sells designs to home embroiderers in other formats Version 10 does not address any of
          the inadequacies of DS. Many home machine brands have very large hoops now and DS still will not save for them. I was about to upgrade when I found that the only real change seemed to be some new fonts and the change over to Melco controlling use of the software instead of having a dongle for it. Enhanced security for Melco I found out. I decided not to upgrade.
          Marcelle Lewis
          http://embroideryavenue.com
          http://embroidery.gotop100.com

Comment

Just wondering of ballpark software upgrade costs, as I have yet to hear anything back from Melco or rep. My old pc running Win XP is starting to fail and will have to upgrade soon from DS 2005 Pro+ and AOS 7 (2007 I think) when I get a newer computer. Go ahead and get Windows 10 machine or stick with Win 7 for a bit longer? Think we can still get a Win 7 machine.
            Last edited by EmbRef; 02-26-2016, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X