Bobbins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobbins

Also, Looking for recommendations for bobbins. We are having difficulty with the ones that we use now, with the thread coming thru the top.

Superior thread prewound bobbins are what my Amaya XT likes.

Comment

FFI,

My advice to you is to get the TOWA Bobbin gauge. That way you can identify and eliminate any potential bobbin tension issues.

Next make sure that the thread is routed through that little flange on the bobbin case. Most of the time when you load the thread it slips out. This will prevent the thread from flopping around fooling the thread sensor.

It is trial and error in find the correct setting. I wanted exact setting for the bobbins so I switched to the magna glide bobbins. These bobbins have magnet cores that creates an exact variable in the bobbins operation. With the TOWA gauge I can set exact tensions.

Here is what you are looking at.

material_thickness_diagram.png

Your bobbin tension will dictate how much the red thread will be able to pull back on. If the bobbin is loose the bobbin thread will be pulled through to the top. Your material thickness will dictate how much thread the needle needs as it passes through to the material.

williamsaug09_fig2.jpg

You can see how stitch 12 is so tight that the bobbin is not giving nothing. Your problem is the bobbin is just telling the needle to take it all and end up showing on top.

With the TOWA guage you can set exact tension setting and go through each until you see what you want.

You can document what the setting were for each stitch until you find the right number. You cannot do that with the drop test because you have nothing to reference.
      Inobu
      Last edited by inobu; 01-19-2016, 12:02 AM.

Comment

NEB plastic sides have been good for me. I tried the metro plastic sides because of the great price and found them to me fine as well. For testing of designs and miscellaneous projects I use the metro and the NEB if I am doing free standing lace. It is rare to ever have a break with either of them.
        Marcelle Lewis
        http://embroideryavenue.com
        http://embroidery.gotop100.com

Comment

Working...
        X