Slim-Line frame not centering in OS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slim-Line frame not centering in OS

I'm using Design Shop Pro+ version 10, and the OS is Amaya OS Flex+ version 10.00.051
    When I put the slim-line clamping frame on my XTS, and center the hoop to the machine, the X position is 0, but the y position is -156.

The clamp I'm using is 6.5 x 5, but it currently does it with all slim-line clamps that I've tried today.

I centered the design in DesignShop before sending it to the machine.
    Centered the design also in the OS and then centered the hoop to the machine.

The actual physical hoop does appear to be centered.

I'm not sure if it has always been like this and I just didn't notice? Or ?

If I change from slim-line hoops to any other hoop (say the mighty 5.5 x 5.5) and center to machine, x and y are both 0.

Is this normal? What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks,
    Joanie
    Sew Many PawsAbilities

Hoop some stabilizer and mark the physical center of the hoop. Using the buttons, center the hoop. Using the laser light. see if if the light falls on the marked center of the hoop. Remember, not all the centers of hoops is 0,0. The y co-ordinant is all over the place. -156 could be right. At any rate, when you find the center and the laser light is right on it, mark those numbers with a Sharpie right on the hoop so you will always know where to find it. The really important thing is to not let the needle hit the hoop! I mark the center of my design on the shirt and when I get it in the machine, it make sure the laser light is right on it. And do a trace.

If you know your design fits in the hoop, and you have marked the shirt, and you hoop so the the center that you have marked is in the center of the hoop, then it doesn't actually matter which hoop your have selected in the OS. I often turn of the hoop detection, but only if I am positive that the the Desi fits. I have all kinds of sizes of hoops and haven't bothered to update my hoop list. But I have been at this for a long time. I would NOT recommend that a newbie turn of the hoop detection.
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Thanks so much. i know this was not my request but I have had this problem also. Melco or the company I purchased them from could not help me.

Comment

That Melco could not help is unbelievable! But I do believe you.
        Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Thank you so much Juli, I was afraid to start the stitchout, even though the trace showed it all to be fine. I was thinking that y had to be 0! And that I'd ruin my sweet little xts!

Joanie

Comment

Working...
          X