X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looping and popping thread breaks.

Machine: Melco Bravo with OSv11
    Software: Designshop PRO+ v10
    The machine is less than a year old and all of my thread is poly.
    I dont use the machine too frequently but generally its a few pieces a day.
    I have been good about keeping the bobbin area oiled before use and the rest of the machine looks to be ok as far a total re-lube but I will do one soon regardless.

The past few days have been hectic for me, I only have 1 machine and I have not been able to get my jobs moving forward. I was running some T-shirts with just a basic 2 line text on the chest and before this problem occurred, I had done 18 shirts.
    The shirts are a basic 50/50 blend, I was using 3.5oz cut away backing and hooped via mighty hoops.

The popping sound just started recently and sometimes it will pop and keep sewing and most times it results in a popping and actual thread break. When the thread breaks I can see that it is frayed on the end. I could be wrong but it sounds like its coming from the black sliding levers right below the red thread rollers.

I have attached 2 images of the earthday design which I was instructed to use as a point of reference for sewing samples. The one with the lightblue sky/water was done during my training. The dark blue sky/water was done just 20 minutes ago and you can sort of see in the picture theres some looping above the trees and the fill stitch just doesn't look tight and together. Both samples were done on the same material and acti-feed was on 4 for both.

Appreciate all the help and I'll be here to troubleshoot with any and all tips I receive.
    I understand the images might be hard to see the fine details we are looking for so if needed I'll see if I can get a pre-zoomed in copy uploaded.

012009A.jpg012048B.jpg

The thread feed gears are behind where you say the sound might be coming so perhaps a main thread feed gear not lining up with the threadfeed roller assembly gears. Also have you changed thread brand since you first started? Here's a discussion of this issue:
    What to use and how to use it. Includes... Digitizing, Needles, Hooping, Backings, Threads, Bobbins & more.

Comment

Originally posted by Mama Kass View Post
      The thread feed gears are behind where you say the sound might be coming so perhaps a main thread feed gear not lining up with the threadfeed roller assembly gears. Also have you changed thread brand since you first started? Here's a discussion of this issue:
      http://www.amayausers.com/discussion...=popping+sound
      Same thread I have always used which is madeira 40wt poly. I should note that when things went haywire I experienced a "birdnesting" 3 times in the red roller(tried different needles). This was a first but has since not happened, since I reset the machine back to default settings and I am using a new bobbin case (probably just a tension issue but it has helped for the time being)

I had the front face off and I didn't see anything out of the ordinary but I'm also not a tech
      Last edited by JerryLZ; 12-03-2015, 03:00 PM.

Comment

I had t shirts this week. Same happened to me. I tried numerous things and finally my bobbin thread was too tight.

Comment

I would say you have an issue with the thread feed gears or the thread feed drive gear.
          at least that is where I would start.
          do the gear maintenance removing them all and inspecting for thread wrapped in them and inspect the
          drive gear for cracks.
          [email protected]
          Jerome in Minnesota
          (320)259-1151

Comment

Another thing to do from time to time when this sound FIRST occurs is (from memory so this may be not exact ... where you want to go is the dialogue box for steppers). TOOLS > MAINTENANCE > STEPPERS. When you get here, step to needle #1 and click on HOME. Advance (using your computer and NOT the Amaya keyboard) to needle #2 and click HOME. Do this all the way across to #16 and repeat the same process until you are back to needle #1. Sometimes the gears get a tad misaligned and the popping sound is the white gear behind the red roller attempting to realign itself.

Comment

Update: So I went through all the advice I received and did some trial and error. The problem was somewhere in the area of bobbin tension and realigning the gears with the stepper maintenance. After I did both I'm in a good position to get some work done now, just needs fine tuning. Thanks for the help everyone.

Comment

Working...
              X