Help ! amaya XTS serious trimming issue and beyond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help ! amaya XTS serious trimming issue and beyond

My 2 years old XTS is starting to give me trimming issues a lot more often now.
    I do the maintenance myself and make sure it's done both timely and accurately.
    Today is bad, not trimming 90% of the time, I did everything that has to be done in this case, cleaning and oiling the cutter, making sure the small push rods are in there respective holes and not bent, same for the bobbin case and check thread tension. Nothing suspicious all movements are free.

A pop up window on the computer says "selector stepper error", I then go to the maintenance window to send back the selector to its home position, seems to work but the machine make a horrendous noise in doing so.
    Another window comes up stating "failed acknowledge on trim command" and "head not at head up" making strong noise again when cleared.

Also to be noted in this maintenance window the "cutter" and "selector" start test buttons are grayed out and therefore cannot be used !
    Is that a sign of a stepper motor failure of some sort, or is it a timing issue ?
    The machine is driven by Amaya OS 10 and I did the update from version 9 yesterday, could it be that some settings got messed up during the update ?

I'm in desperate need of help troubleshooting these issues,
    One thing you should know, I'm located in Anguilla (British West Indies) so having a technician over is not really an option for now ...

I had an identical problem with my XT yesterday. My trimmer type was set at "2", (which is the trimmer type for XTS) when it should have been set at "0". I pressed the "Detect" button, and it changed to "0". I turned the machine off, and closed the OS software, then restarted the software and turned the machine on.

I asked tech support what would make it jump like that. They said power surges can sometimes do strange things. I had recently had a power outage here with a surge beforehand caused by downed wires just up the block.

I hope this gets you running

Comment

Originally posted by Judy View Post
      I had an identical problem with my XT yesterday. My trimmer type was set at "2", (which is the trimmer type for XTS) when it should have been set at "0". I pressed the "Detect" button, and it changed to "0". I turned the machine off, and closed the OS software, then restarted the software and turned the machine on.

I asked tech support what would make it jump like that. They said power surges can sometimes do strange things. I had recently had a power outage here with a surge beforehand caused by downed wires just up the block.

I hope this gets you running
      Suggest to everyone here that you have your machines hooked up to a UPS that also does surge protection - and also power conditioning if possible. Never, repeat, NEVER have your machines hooked directly into the wall outlet without protection if you care about the life of your Amaya and it's electronic components.

The preceding message brought to you by JY, the IT guy.
      John Yaglenski
      Amayausers.com - Webmaster
      Levelbest Embroidery - Owner

Living the life on Hilton Head Island, SC and serving the world via our website! http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

I do solemnly swear and attest that my Silver Surfer is now, and has always been, plugged into the line conditioner which came with him.

Comment

Thank you all, but no help at all.
          XTS trimmer setting is correct and at 2, and I have both a line conditioner and a ups where the machine is plugged in.
          After a very long weekend trying to fix that issue, I finally discovered that the the little C-clip holding the ACA trimmer in place was jammed and prevented a full movement of the cutter.
          That solved the issue with various messages popping up on my screen and the noise is gone too.
          That said, the trimmer is still not cutting, push rods are very straight, hook timing is perfect, cutter and selector are set up properly looking at the steppers on the back of the machine.
          i came to the conclusion that the trimmer blade is probably dull of something.
          I placed an order with melco for a new ACA unit, but it will be a few days before I receive it.
          In the mean time i took my dremel tool and tried to somewhat sharpen the blade, that seems to work perfect for now but unfortunately, after each trim the bobbin thread is cut too short to be grabbed for the next sewing section !!
          Changing the tail length in settings does not do anything.
          Anyone ??? please help

Comment

All issues now resolved.

I had sharpened the selector instead of the cutter….
            Made the selector dull again and sharpen the cutter instead, works like new again.

Comment

Working...
            X