Design Shop Version 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Design Shop Version 10

For those of you who own Version 9 an then bought 10 can you give us your thoughts on your 10 purchase. Was it worth it? Are there enough changes to justify the purchase?

Most of us got a email that Version 10 is available for purchase for $500.00 just want to make sure that it is what I need.

Thanks
    Monograms N More

It works so slick. Much better if you have Windows 10. The only drawback for me is the gray icons.

Comment

Why are they gray? Do they look like they are not available? Anything else you don't like about 10?
      Marcelle Lewis
      http://embroideryavenue.com
      http://embroidery.gotop100.com

Comment

I think they made the icons gray and black just so they were different from the previous version. They are easier to tell apart if you are working with both versions. They don't look like they are unavailable. I like it myself.
        Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

I got to play with it a little bit at ISS Ft. Worth. I really like that they have reworked some of the fonts.

I ordered it and am waiting for its arrival
          Monograms N More

Comment

Just ordered it. $500 upgrade until end of month

Comment

Review of version 10 and version 11 of design shop and os running in windows 10

I like it. I'm running it on Windows 10. My only critique is as follows:

The OS thread feed settings were relocated to Design Shop. Why they put machine settings in the digitizing portion of their software makes no sense. Anyone know why it's better to be in Design Shop? If a user doesn't use Design Shop for their digitizing needs, how would they access the thread feed settings for their machine?

Also, the latest update for OS is 11.04.056 and since downloding it, my OS is messing up the color sequencing. For instance, when running a design, if I go to Tools > Settings > Move [enter color number], it won't go to the correct color or needle number. This bug is consistent. So if you're running version 11.03.047, do NOT update to the 11.04.056 if this would be problematic for you.

Other than that, I like Version 10 (10.03.025) of Design Shop and Version 11 (11.03.047) of OS. I think these two issues I explained are important to know before updating either. I really liked Version 9 though and am considering rolling back to V.9 of OS until V.11 is fixed. Anyone know if you both versions can reside on the same computer?

Overall, it seems to run smoothly and is compatible for Windows 10.

Comment

actually the OS settings have been available in version 9.
                that is so you can set then for any design if you choose as you digitize.
                this is great for designs that require setting by color. then when the file is imported to the OS
                for a run the setting are ready to go.
                they were harder to find in V9 but they were there.

They are still in the AOS also... (if you want to change them)
                [email protected]
                Jerome in Minnesota
                (320)259-1151

Comment

Contact Melco as they have a software patch for the color sequence bug you are talking about.

Linda H

Comment

Working...
                  X