Big Red - Staying on same needle at every color change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Red - Staying on same needle at every color change

Machine has been sewing beautifully. Today it will only sew on needle 15. Design has 12 colors. First one started on 15. After first color, machine stopped and I hit green - GO. It stayed on 15 and sewed the next section which should have been on needle 5. Did this at every color change....never changed needles, but would stop. So I had to move each color to needle 15. Boy does that take some time....

After finishing, I turned everything off, let it sit, rebooted and loaded a simple design with only 3 colors to test it. It's doing the same thing....all on needle 15.

As always, thanks for any tips.

Tina

Originally posted by MsTLF View Post
    Machine has been sewing beautifully. Today it will only sew on needle 15. Design has 12 colors. First one started on 15. After first color, machine stopped and I hit green - GO. It stayed on 15 and sewed the next section which should have been on needle 5. Did this at every color change....never changed needles, but would stop. So I had to move each color to needle 15. Boy does that take some time....

After finishing, I turned everything off, let it sit, rebooted and loaded a simple design with only 3 colors to test it. It's doing the same thing....all on needle 15.

As always, thanks for any tips.

Tina
    Weird - have you tried turning on FORCE DOWNLOAD in the OS prior to turning the machine on?
    John Yaglenski
    Amayausers.com - Webmaster
    Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
    Hilton Head Island, SC
    http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

It sounds like the color change stepper motor is not working. It must be working to move the lead screw thru the motor and pull the needle case along with it

Rod Springer
      Amaya Tech & Trailer
      Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Originally posted by Rod or Sharon View Post
        It sounds like the color change stepper motor is not working. It must be working to move the lead screw thru the motor and pull the needle case along with it

Rod Springer
        Amaya Tech & Trailer
        And this is why Rod is the expert 😀

So if the color change stepper motor was an issue, it wouldn't stop after the first color rather than continuing sewing after it couldn't move?
        John Yaglenski
        Amayausers.com - Webmaster
        Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
        Hilton Head Island, SC
        http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

I text my tech. He had me use canned air and blow both sets of sensors practically off. It's working perfectly now. Those sensors must had been blocked with lint or something even tho I coulnd not see anything on them. Keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks, Tina

Comment

Very common. Keep that canned air close

Comment

Working...
            X