Threading issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Threading issue

I have to be doing something wrong. I have had no issues for several blocks - I'm doing a quilt and suddenly, after a thread change, the needle unthreaded and started to shred. After rethreading several times, servicing the roller and checking the needle hole it is still unthreading. So, I decided to trash the block I was on by choosing a different needle to see what would happen. It worked fine. Through a bunch of mishaps, I ended up having to rethread 3 needles and all of them unthread while the ones i have not touched work fine. When I say unthread, it is only the needle unthreading not the entire path. How is it possible to thread the needle wrong? All thoughts welcome.

If the thread is shredding the pressure foot might be too high or you might loosen the bobbin a tiny bit.
    Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

Yep, it's pretty hard to not thread the needle correctly. But I have been there too. Sometimes, two or three times in a row, like you. How about forcing a trim without the thread threaded. That gives the machine something to do besides screwing up. I think god blinks.
      Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

I had the same issue, check your bobbin area. I had a small thread nest that caused the thread to shred. Take your bobbin out, the thread was balled up there.

Comment

Working...
        X