No announcement yet.

Sewing with Matalic thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with John, I hope you do not give on up the machine. All of the issues I had when I first started was ME, not the machine. I do encourage you to call Melco and work with them over the phone. Try the AmPass design and see if that works. Melco will guide you from there.

Linda
    Logos In Thread
    Miami Beach

Comment

Rod wrote a very lengthy response last night (yes, he logged in) and it hasn't appeared which has baffled both of us. He explained the probable reasons you are having problems and what is needed to correct them. He is quite busy right now so doesn't have the time to re-write his novel but you are more than welcome to call and talk with him later tonight or tomorrow. 208-898-4117 He will be unavailable after that for several days -I am sorry!
      Sharon Springer (for Rod)
      Tech and Trainer
      Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Originally posted by Rod or Sharon View Post
        Rod wrote a very lengthy response last night (yes, he logged in) and it hasn't appeared which has baffled both of us. He explained the probable reasons you are having problems and what is needed to correct them. He is quite busy right now so doesn't have the time to re-write his novel but you are more than welcome to call and talk with him later tonight or tomorrow. 208-898-4117 He will be unavailable after that for several days -I am sorry!
        Sharon Springer (for Rod)
        Tech and Trainer
        Wow - that is weird. Didn't see anything on my end - or get an email confirmation to the list which happens on new posts. Sorry it was lost
        John Yaglenski
        Amayausers.com - Webmaster
        Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
        Hilton Head Island, SC
        http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

Thanks every one but I am so sorry this is my busiest time of year I d'ont have time to learn a new type of machine my lost some else's gain. I ordered new equipment today. I will keep making payments on this unit until someone gives a reasonable offer.

Comment

how brittle should Madeira FS thread be?

Comment

Metallic thread should not be brittle. It should be smooth, fairly flexible, and resistant to crimping and kinking.

Comment

IT's madeira FS but I think thread is old when I pull on it breaks very easily, does thread have a shelf life?

Comment

PS I am going to bring my machine in for service next week

Comment

It sure does, not like milk or yogurt, but we have older thread that breaks and shreds when used. Also
                    if you new to Amayas and the fast speeds the run best at, you can't run rayon easily at those speeds. Maybe someone can but we never could. had to slow the machines down to 600 or less before it would sew right. switching to poly let us ramp up to 1200 to 1500 spm, which was one of the big selling points
                    that led us to buy into these new machines 10 years ago. Also make sure your thread is in a humidified area, dry thread shreds very easily. Hope you have luck, I would dread the thought of moving my machine for service. I would feel that something would get bumped or changed when i got it back to the shop, but you can only do what you can. It is a very long learning curve coming from standard machines, and they never seem to run break free like standard machines can do, but that ability to run twice as fast is the ace in the hole for us. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
                    Ron Vinyard<br />Body Cover Design<br /><br />Grants Pass, Oregon

Comment

Working...
                    X