Sewing with Matalic thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sewing with Matalic thread

I have a design that I have sewn in the past with Madeira metallic thread with a Barudan and never had problems, I am trying to do it on EMT 16 and what a nightmare I tried slowing in down to 300-400-450-500-750-800-850 no luck I change needle 90/14 no luck does anyone have a suggestions jacket is in machine and I can't waist this garment

Where is the pressure foot. If too low the thread snap. If the foot is too high the thread the thread will shred.
    Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

Originally posted by Wishes View Post
      Where is the pressure foot. If too low the thread snap. If the foot is too high the thread the thread will shred.
      Let me check and try that Thanks for tip

Comment

nope I tried it high I tried low, it only stitches about 20-30 stitches than shreds I am using a 90/14 needle just like madeira and Melco suggest

Comment

the needle is in correctly I changed the bobbin

Comment

Originally posted by danikasdad View Post
            nope I tried it high I tried low, it only stitches about 20-30 stitches than shreds I am using a 90/14 needle just like madeira and Melco suggest
            For What???

Never have I used a 90/14 with my Amaya's - what exactly are you sewing?

75/11 Organ Titanium Ballpoints for most stuff - 75/11 Organ Titanium Sharps for Hats

69/9 if doing small lettering with 60 weight thread.

With metallic thread, other than slowing the machine down, I haven't had to use different needles.

Presser foot all the way down, one click up.
            John Yaglenski
            Amayausers.com - Webmaster
            Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
            Hilton Head Island, SC
            http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

I am sewing softshell jacket and melco recommends that needle for metallic , I will try lowering presser foot
              Last edited by danikasdad; 08-25-2015, 11:17 PM.

Comment

90% of our projects on our old Big Red use metallics...75/11 sharp or ballpoint depending on the fabric, 800-1000spm, 1 or 2 clicks up depending on fabric and backing...no problems. Most shedding occurs when there are too many needle penetrations in one spot, but if you've successfully sewed this out before...??

Here's a note from Rod (a really great tech) on burrs which could cause shredding:

"As to the shredding of the thread, burrs on the needle point, needle orientation, presser foot height, burrs around the needle plate hole are all suspect. One other place to look is for burrs or gouges on the face of the rotary hook support finger. This finger is described in the hook timing procedure. It must be taken off for this inspection and when replaced MUST be properly gapped using the supplied feeler gauge that came with your starter kit. Hope this helps...."

Comment

OK got up extra early this morning fresh start. I took neelde plate off I can't feel or see any burrs anywhere, I rechecked press foot, change needle to sharp. Same thing I cant get to sew more than 30-80 stitches.
                  This design Is jacket back majority of regular thread 31000 stitches and only 6900 stitches of metallic thread and the metallic does not even cross path with regular thread. I sold my old Barudan's thinking these New Melco's (emt 16) would speed things up in five months I am loosing my shirt these machine are nothing but a nightmare I have NEVER had one single garment finish with out a thread break or false thread break. If I loose this customer I am bankrupt. This is a large dance studio and they order anywhere between 200-350 jackets a year last year not BS I ran 180 jackets for them full jacket back like I am trying to do now one thread break with metallic on my old Barudan running at 600spm using 90/14 needles and same backing. I don't understand these emt 16 Machine is officially for sale I am willing to take up to 2000$ off my balance owing if anyone is interested I need a $14000 Canadian dollars so that is $11000US and I will deliver to nearest east Canadian border if any one is interested I will throw in hooptech slim approx. value $500 used it once
                  Last edited by danikasdad; 08-26-2015, 08:27 AM.

Comment

OK got up extra early this morning fresh start. I took neelde plate off I can feel or see any burrs anywhere, I rechecked press foot, change needle to sharp. Same thing I cant get to sew more than 30-80 stitches.
                    This design Is jacket back majority of regular thread 31000 stitches and only 6900 stitches of metallic thread and the metallic does not even cross path with regular thread. I sold my old Barudan's thinking these New Melco's (emt 16) would speed things up in five months I am loosing my shirt these machine are nothing but a nightmare I have NEVER had one single garment finish with out a thread break or false thread break. If I loose this customer I am bankrupt. This is a large dance studio and they order anywhere between 200-350 jackets a year last year not BS I ran 180 jackets for them full jacket back like I am trying to do now one thread break with metallic on my old Barudan running at 600spm using 90/14 needles and same backing. I don't understand these emt 16 Machine is officially for sale I am willing to take up to 2000$ off my balance owing if anyone is interested I need a $14000 Canadian dollars so that is $11000US and I will deliver to nearest east Canadian border if any one is interested I will throw in hooptech slim approx. value $500 used it once
                    1) Did you go to training? If not, why?

2) Did you call Melco support and walk thru every last one of the issues with them.

There has been a lot of complaining here over the last few days about how terrible your machines are but if you didn't do both of the above, I don't know how you can expect solutions to your problems.
                    John Yaglenski

Living the life on Hilton Head Island, SC and serving the world via our website! http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

yes I have some training, yes I called tech support in Canada . This group is best help I have

Comment

yes I have some training, yes I called tech support in Canada . This group is best help I have
                        1) What training specifically. How long? Where? With Who?

2) What was the result of the tech support call. What did they have you do? When you got off the phone was the machine operating?

One other question...

Has Melco ever verified ON SITE that your machines are working properly. Did they have you run any sample designs in person or over the phone? Have you run AMPASS (or similar design - if they don't run that on the EMT's) where you hoop the full frame hoop, 2 pieces of backing hooped drum head tight to see if the machine is on spec and is sewing as intended?
                        John Yaglenski

Living the life on Hilton Head Island, SC and serving the world via our website! http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

Originally posted by John View Post
                          1) Did you go to training? If not, why?

2) Did you call Melco support and walk thru every last one of the issues with them.

There has been a lot of complaining here over the last few days about how terrible your machines are but if you didn't do both of the above, I don't know how you can expect solutions to your problems.
                          Yes I did get training one day in Guelph Ontario. I called the service guy in Guelph as well as the tech guy in Calgary. Guys are doing there best but machine never functioned as they say it should. I have decided to bring machine to Guelph ( seven hours from me) for them to check it over and than the machine will be up for sale. I have owned different brand of machine over the years from Brother, Tajima and Barudan and not one of those three brands ever gave me a hard time. Thanks for all your help.

Comment

Yes I did get training one day in Guelph Ontario. I called the service guy in Guelph as well as the tech guy in Calgary. Guys are doing there best but machine never functioned as they say it should. I have decided to bring machine to Guelph ( seven hours from me) for them to check it over and than the machine will be up for sale. I have owned different brand of machine over the years from Brother, Tajima and Barudan and not one of those three brands ever gave me a hard time. Thanks for all your help.
                            So, you never actually contacted the company that makes the machines - Melco - but dealt with I'm guessing Embroidery Systems Canada who sold you the machines?

I have no idea how it works in the great white north - but seems to me that I'd call Melco and talk to them about the whole situation. Of course, maybe Melco doesn't support international customers - only their partners. Honestly don't know.
                            John Yaglenski

Comment

I seem to remember other people who have come from using other brands to the amaya/emt world being very frustrated as the technology is plain different. You cannot compare the two. If the likes of Disney use them, it may not be the machine. Although I do not have an emt, I have one of the first Amaya's (#479). I have stitched millions of stitches including metallic thread on my first machine (I have 3 in total). Yes, I understand your frustration but all is not lost. If you want call me and I'll see if I can help you walk through salvaging your current job so you can return to it after we get the thread breaking issue dealt with (I may not be able to get the solution but at least you will be able to return to stitch the jacket when it is solved). I'm in California. (916) 635-7467. I'm free now but will be unavailable from 11-2 my time (PDT).

Dorothy
                              Dorothy Compton, Owner<br />Bee Embroidered<br /><a href=\"http://www.BeeEmbroidered.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.BeeEmbroidered.com</a><br />(916) 635-7467

Comment

Working...
                              X