Upgrading from Version 7 software to Version 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading from Version 7 software to Version 10

So I still have my version 7 AOS flex and Designshop Pro plus from 2006, as are my 2 XT's.
    I can upgrade both AOS and DS to the most recent versions for around $1100.
    I will need a new computer since I'm using a Dell desktop with Windows XT.
    I think I have to take the plunge, but I'm wondering if people are using Windows 7 or 8, or should I just go to Windows 10 (not required as per Melco specs)?

If you are getting a new computer, go to Windows 10. You can also get the 8.1 and then upgrade for free to 10 if you find a better deal. That's what I did. Works great.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Could anyone possibly comment on the importance of software compatiblity between the two Melco products for use on a Big Red? (I know the Windows OS compatibility issues all too well!!

I have a 2009 install disc DSP 7.00.114 with the AOS 7.00.115. and using Windows XP though I have access to any Windows O/S for newer versions.

Could you share your opinions on:

(A) Are there significant feature benefits in purchasing a more up to date AOS vs mine?
        (B) Can one of the Melco programs be ahead of the other or should the AOS and the DSP be the same release dates?

What might I be missing out on?!

Many thanks as always.

Comment

Originally posted by wifflepoof View Post
          Could anyone possibly comment on the importance of software compatiblity between the two Melco products for use on a Big Red? (I know the Windows OS compatibility issues all too well!!

I have a 2009 install disc DSP 7.00.114 with the AOS 7.00.115. and using Windows XP though I have access to any Windows O/S for newer versions.

Could you share your opinions on:

(A) Are there significant feature benefits in purchasing a more up to date AOS vs mine?
          (B) Can one of the Melco programs be ahead of the other or should the AOS and the DSP be the same release dates?

What might I be missing out on?!

Many thanks as always.
          Simply put, upgrade the OS to 10 as it will improve the sew quality of your machine
          Lots of improvements, tweaks and adjustments between 7 and 10. Totally worth it. Design shop... If you are happy with what you have stick with it unless you get a bundle deal.

My 2 cents...
          John Yaglenski
          Amayausers.com - Webmaster
          Levelbest Embroidery - Owner

Living the life on Hilton Head Island, SC and serving the world via our website! http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

Btw, counting down the seconds for someone to tell me that I am totally wrong about design shop - lol.
            John Yaglenski
            Amayausers.com - Webmaster
            Levelbest Embroidery - Owner

Living the life on Hilton Head Island, SC and serving the world via our website! http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

Working...
            X