Metalic Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metalic Thread

I need to run some hats with metalic thread. Is anyone running metalic thread? I never have. I found some on the Amann site and it is a little pricey. It's Yenmet brand.

Thanks,
    Mike
    Action Graphics

Metallic thread

Originally posted by Mike Garber View Post
    I need to run some hats with metalic thread. Is anyone running metalic thread? I never have. I found some on the Amann site and it is a little pricey. It's Yenmet brand.

Thanks,
    Mike
    My Amaya loves Yenmet metallic threads, use large eye needle and stitches nicely. I also use Melco metallics, and they are pretty good. Other brands metallic I have tried have been quite difficult.

Comment

Got my Yenmet at Sewforless.com, good prices when on sale.

Comment

I run nothing but superior thread metallics they have out preformed every other brand fro me.
        [email protected]
        Jerome in Minnesota
        (320)259-1151

Comment

Thanks, I'm going in... Is a 80/12 sharp big enough?
          Action Graphics

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Garber View Post
            Thanks, I'm going in... Is a 80/12 sharp big enough?
            80/12 is what I use, but I do use a ballpoint on many types of fabrics that the sharp needle might cut. My thinking is sharp might also cut the metallic thread, but that is just my idea..
            Also want to add that Signature metallics are excellent, too.

Comment

We use metallics almost exclusively and have no trouble with Robison Anton "J" Metallics. I'm pretty sure that the "J" stands for Japanese, who make the best metallic thread. Superior threads are basically the same Japanese thread, but they don't sell the large cones we need. I use 80/12 in both sharps and ballpoints; the fabric type dictates this choice (generally, sharps for wovens, ballpoints for knits). When using metallics I increase both my column feed and run/fill feed by about ten points because this thread is stiffer and it seems to help. The key to sewing with metallics is reducing any friction on the thread to a minimum. Good digitizing is essential and you might also try reducing stitch density. Let us know how it goes.

Comment

Working...
              X