Needle stuck in down position

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needle stuck in down position

Hello, some new embroiderers here! We have an issue with our needle. (Amaya XTS) I believe what happened is that we had a hoop that was too small, and the presserfoot hit the hoop. The machine stopped instantly and the screen went grey. Now it is stuck in the down position and the Amaya software is acting really weird. We shut down and restarted but it still came up grey; then through reading the forum, we tried to click something like Tools>Options>Ethernet>forcedownload - then the program came up, but without the hoop showing...and was pretty much frozen. So that is where we are now. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Thank you!

first thing you need to do is gently remove the hoop. If necessary loosen the needle and wiggle it out of place. Tighten the needle screw so nothing else falls out. Once hoops is gone trying turning things off and on again. If you have a screen that shows the software go to tools, maintenance, head timing and then to go to heads up. If that releases try tracing and run a test design. Good luck.
    Wishes In Stitches Embroidery<br />4502 W. Buffalo Street<br />Chandler, Arizona 85226<br />480-216-3163

Comment

Thank you for your response. I took the needle out; and the hoop is unclipped, but slid to the back as it can't be removed, because the presserfoot is stuck in the down position. When I start the program I only get the options for File, Tools, Configuration, Help. And the program seems to freeze up as soon as I turn on the machine.

Comment

You can with the machine off...
        reach under the head from the side behind the needle case.
        manually turn the drive shaft clock wise . it takes two rotations to complete an cycle and this should make it so you can get you hoop out.
        [email protected]
        Jerome in Minnesota
        (320)259-1151

Comment

Thank you, Greenwing! I got the hoop out and learned something new! The program still will not come up though. When I turn on the machine it beeps a couple of times, but the program just stays a grey screen and freezes up...

Comment

Is it possible your emergency stop button is pushed in? It is the round, red button on the keypad with white arrows going around in a circle. Turn in in the direction of the arrows and it should pop out. HOPE that's it...it would be such an easy fix!@

Comment

Thank you all especially Greenwing and Wishes.... we got it working.... and learned some lessons.... The problem was final problem was that the Sister had hit the panic stop button.... and that was putting the program into freeze mode. so now we know!
              Thank you! ....learn something new every day.

Comment

You should ALWAYS do a hoop center then a hoop trace with the hoop your using on the machine.
                make a note.
                the few seconds it takes saves many problems....
                [email protected]
                Jerome in Minnesota
                (320)259-1151

Comment

Working...
                X