Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking about purchasing an Amaya XT. What should I expect to be included?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking about purchasing an Amaya XT. What should I expect to be included?

I have found an Amaya XT that sounds like a pretty good deal and it is fairly close to me. Not many opportunities to purchase good used commercial machines in Arkansas!!

The lady said she purchased it new 4 years ago with the plans of starting an embroidery business when she retired. Now that she has retired she said her health is keeping her from being able to spend the time necessary with the machine and wants to sell it. She has only used it for personal home use since its purchase.

She said it comes with the stand, standard embroidery hoops and hat hoops, Design Shop software and a complete set of Dakota Designs.

I have been reading about the Amaya XT, and need to ask if the software is Pro or Lite version and what operating system it comes with. Seems like the Amaya OS is the preferred one?

She is going to spend some time with me to show me how to thread it and go thru the process of stitching out a design.

What else should I ask to be shown or expect to be included in the package. She is including all the thread, stabilizer and supplies she has for the machine as she will not have a need for it any longer.

If the machine looks good, runs good and all the accessories are there, my next concern is that there is not any techs in Arkansas.

How often do you need to have the machine serviced (w/o any breakdowns or problems).

I am going to just be starting out, will do some local jobs and have a nich I want to work. Will also use it for my Quilts of Valor patriotic design work.

Looking forward to any comments. Thanks in advance for your time and consideration.

Sheila

Sheila
    If you like you can give me a call and we can talk about your Amaya purchase.
    Jerome
    [email protected]
    Jerome in Minnesota
    (320)259-1151

Comment

Will do! Thanks so much for your help.

Sheila

Comment

Can anyone tell me how much the XT weighs? dimensions?

Comment

Jerome is great person to talk to about your purchase. I have a 2004 Big Red so I don't have any input on the XT, but I thought I'd prepare you for one thing. These are unlike home machines which have fairly limited parameters for settings and things that could go wrong, so be prepared for a fairly long learning curve. If you are unable to avail yourself of the training course that Amaya offers, it would be helpful if you are good at learning from a manual and are fairly good at fiddling with mechanical things. It is possible (I did it), but be prepared to spend some time learning (and being frustrated!). This site provides great support and even has a couple of techs that are very generous with their time. We're located in rural Northern California and have only had one tech visit in the 10 years we've had the machine. Rod Springer came all the way from Idaho to service our machine, but since we didn't have an emergency he was able to combine his call with others in the Pacific Northwest to help keep the cost down. If you think your work will be time sensitive or are not confident about mechanical trouble-shooting yourself, I would definitely find out who and where your tech is and how much a service call would be.

Comment

Thanks Mama Kass, I apreciate the insight. I expect it to be 14 more frustrating than my home machines (that many more needles) haha

I don't mind fiddling with the mechanics as long as I have the manual and possibly some help from here. My hubby is an engineer and will be helpful also (I hope).

The tech thing really bothers me... There are techs in all the states around me. I guess I need to figure out which is closest and find out a little more about service calls. The lady selling it is going spend some time with me and the machine. I think that will give me a little more insight too. I am going to try to reach Jerome again this evening. I could not get him this morning and I will be out rest of the day.

Thank you for taking time to help!

Sheila

Comment

Sorry I should have mentioned that I am only available in the evenings
              after 7PM central is best till mid night...
              Take care
              sorry I missed your call this afternoon.
              [email protected]
              Jerome in Minnesota
              (320)259-1151

Comment

I have an XTS with Design Shop Pro+ on Craigslist in the Houston/Galveston area, only asking 12k for everything you need; including the computer to run it. I even have books and DVD by John Deer (adorable designs) that I'm giving as part of the package. (valued @150.00)
                Some other pieces that I'm putting in are 50+ caps, Baby bibs, koozies, bobbin thread, 150+ polyneon threads, 3boxes of replacement needles. stabilizers and what ever else I have that goes with this machine, everything is going. If you want to see it, just type in Amaya xts on craigslist/ Houston-Galveston area
                Buyer has to arrange pick up, I'm not mailing it.
                If you are interested or know someone who is, contact me at [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                X