Your Favorite Suppliers for Blanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Favorite Suppliers for Blanks

Who are your favorite suppliers for blanks when it comes to 1) hats, 2) polo shirts & 3) long-sleeve button up/down shirts?

Also, I notice a lot of questions posted and a lot of views but very few answers. Is there another forum somewhere that I can get answers to my embroidery business questions like this? We are a somewhat newer business and would love some insight every now and then.

Thanks!

Susan

For hats, Ottocap.com, for shirts, Sanmar.com

Comment

I buy from Sanmar for most apparel, but from Decky and Otto Caps for hats.
      Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Thank you both!

Susan

Comment

Though slightly outdated - there is a list here on the site: http://www.amayausers.com/suppliers/

For the most part, we use SanMar, S&S and Bodek and Rhodes. We used to use Virginia T's quite a bit but their inventory was too unreliable - we'd order stuff and constantly were getting "we're out of stock" phone calls which was messing with production dates.

For team stuff, Teamwork Athletic, A4 and Holloway

Transfers - Transfer Express

Ecofilm & Heat Pressing supplies - imprintables Warehouse

That covers MOST items. We are also a UPIC promo supplier which means we use Distributor Central quite a bit for promo items.
          John Yaglenski
          Amayausers.com - Webmaster
          Levelbest Embroidery - Owner

Living the life on Hilton Head Island, SC and serving the world via our website! http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

Does anyone have a good supplier for bags and totes?
            I'm looking for mesh nylon bags, used for to keep supplies for dog training - and or for crafter type of things. They have pockets and zippered compartments.

Many thanks!
            Joanie

Comment

Thanks John! That's very helpful. So you do screen printing too? We get a lot of calls for that as well. A print shop in town used to do it and they said the money wasn't worth the time. I believe a running store in town does it but other than that I don't know of any. We know nothing about it but may look into it...may.

Comment

Originally posted by Suz View Post
                Thanks John! That's very helpful. So you do screen printing too? We get a lot of calls for that as well. A print shop in town used to do it and they said the money wasn't worth the time. I believe a running store in town does it but other than that I don't know of any. We know nothing about it but may look into it...may.
                We do transfers and ecofilm and have three heat presses along with a Roland GX24 digital cutter (best money I ever spent). That gets us through most jobs we need to do.

If it's a really big job, I have contract screen printing folks on hand that can do the work locally and nationwide

Ron Vinyard from Body Cover may be able to over insight into Screen Printing if he still follows along here.
                John Yaglenski
                Amayausers.com - Webmaster
                Levelbest Embroidery - Owner

Living the life on Hilton Head Island, SC and serving the world via our website! http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

Thanks John, yeah i still stalk this list, but like many I was locked out and just now finally took the time to get myself fixed back up and get back in so I can respond.
                  Yes we do a lot of Contract screen printing, and have for a few people form the list here. First question would be to find out where you are located to see if it makes sense to do business together. We are on the west coast, and have no problem shipping anywhere. but sometimes the shipping prices you out of the competitive market.

Love to give you some info if it sounds like the location thing would work out.
                  Let me know!

Ron
                  Ron Vinyard<br />Body Cover Design<br /><br />Grants Pass, Oregon

Comment

I'm lucky enough that here in Maryland most suppliers are one day UPS Ground for me so I shop around for whoever has the best price. ACC and VA T's are at the bottom of my list to call. ACC can't ever get an order correct and VA T's inventory isn't always correct

Comment

Thanks! We are in Wyoming so we are actually a few days' UPS ground shipping. So I guess it would depend on how quickly someone needed something. Denver maybe? But this is definitely something we are going to research. I sure do appreciate all of the help you all have given me. Now I'm going to go to the "How do I" (I think that's it) section and ask about doing patches. We've had a few requests and actually had to turn down the chance to bid for a customer who really wants to use us over everyone else (gotta love that!) because we hadn't done patches before and they needed a quick turnaround. Now we have another request from an awesome new customer who was so happy with a rush order that they paid double and quickly ordered more! Oil companies can do that I guess. We don't want to turn them away!

Comment

Working...
                      X