Installing Amaya OS v10 & DS Pro+ on Windows 8.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing Amaya OS v10 & DS Pro+ on Windows 8.1

Hi, I was wanting to see if anyone had advice on installation of the 2 programs above? When I installed, I got an error message about the SQL server for 2005. I didn't write it down, and ended up taking that computer back after I erased everything on it due to a problem with the screen. But I'm ready to install on the new laptop and would like to avoid any errors if possible. I would appreciate any help in this. Thanks so much. Edna
    Etched In Thread
    Preserving Your Memories in Thread

Originally posted by Etched In Thread View Post
    Hi, I was wanting to see if anyone had advice on installation of the 2 programs above? When I installed, I got an error message about the SQL server for 2005. I didn't write it down, and ended up taking that computer back after I erased everything on it due to a problem with the screen. But I'm ready to install on the new laptop and would like to avoid any errors if possible. I would appreciate any help in this. Thanks so much. Edna
    Hi, You probably already done your installation but the problem for me was that windows 8.1 do not have the same netframework as windows 7. Do not download any languagepacks (as i did) or you wont be able to download the correct netframework.

The SQL wasnt a problem for me

I could not get the machine to behave properly until i downgraded to a older version of AOS.. 10.0037

Markus

Comment

Hi Markus, I ended up having to uninstall the update (revert to previous version) as well. Had a few problems afterwards, with the machine, most likely due to not having used the machine in about 8 months. Thank you for your help!
      Etched In Thread
      Preserving Your Memories in Thread

Comment

I have Design Shop Pro that has not been upgraded. So have to use laptop with windows XP. Am interested in selling my program. Any advise on how to find a buyer.

Comment

Any advise on selling my Design Shop Pro

Am using design shop pro on windows XP. Would like to sell my program. Is it more marketable if I upgrade first. Also, any advise on how to find a buyer for my program.

Comment

Hi are u still wanting to sell your DS ? .e mail me [email protected] if so Thanks

Comment

how much are you wanting?
              Originally posted by pacyacht View Post
              I have Design Shop Pro that has not been upgraded. So have to use laptop with windows XP. Am interested in selling my program. Any advise on how to find a buyer.

Comment

OS 10 installation with Windows 8.1 HELP NEEDED

I would like to see this topic continued since I am having the same problem. I remember problems with software installation 4 years ago and dreaded this day that I am needing to change computers... If anyone can walk me thru the steps... I would be so appreciative!
                I have Amaya OS 10.00.010 and am trying to install on a Surface Pro laptop (Windows 8.1). For a very brief moment, it found my embroidery machine. I've have numerous errors stating about Microsoft SQL Server 2005, ethernet not hooked up properly, System32/Drivers/Amay8678.rra could not be removed. Invalid access to memory location.

I would appreciate assistance in getting this software installed!!!

Comment

I have my DSpro+ on windows 8, it runs ok until I save a new design. For some reason when I hit the save button it blacks out the screen and I have to use the windows key on the keyboard to open it back up... only does this on the Dell computer with Window 8. I have an HP computer that is my backup and it runs fine on that computer.

Comment

Working...
                  X