Flannel disintegrating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flannel disintegrating

The flannel I'm embroidering on is separating the threads on the flannel. I tried increasing the backing to 2 layers of cut away, tried fusible interfacing and floated cut away, pressure foot all the way down, new 75/11 ball point needle. I have sewed on flannel, even cheap flannel before without this problem. Using Melco font with good underlay. Any ideas?
    Joanna
    Joanna

Try an Iron on cut away like Weblon. Or even an Iron on tear away. Both should help.
    [email protected]
    Jerome in Minnesota
    (320)259-1151

Comment

Also a sharp needle should help.
      [email protected]
      Jerome in Minnesota
      (320)259-1151

Comment

Thank you. I tried using both and it helped considerably. Still some separation of the flannel threads but much better. Any other thoughts are appreciated.
        Joanna

Comment

It may just be the fact that some flannel is in fact Crap material.
          I have had fairly expensive shirts that the buttons pulled off after the first wash. The weave was very light and could not support the buttons.
          and I have used some very cheap (inexpensive) material that wore like steel.

If it is a very lose weave and has been brushed to fill in the lack of weave it may be that it is not suitable for embroidery. If the material is that bad it will probably shrink horribly every washing.
          Good luck.
          [email protected]
          Jerome in Minnesota
          (320)259-1151

Comment

Working...
          X