New Robison Anton Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Robison Anton Thread

I have been using Robison Anton thread fairly exclusively for several years and have been very satisfied. The last time I ordered the supplier did not have any king spools of the colors I needed so I got the mini spools (1000 yds). When I went to load them onto my machines, they did not fit over the metal thread feed tubes. I have lots of R/A king and mini spools and have not had this problem. I needed to get the job out, so I took a drill and a large bit and drilled out the hole on the cone and it is OK. R/A said that they have not changed their specifications. Has anyone else had this problem?

David Sklar
    Ballyhoo!
    Annandale VA
    David Sklar<br />Ballyhoo!<br />Arlington, VA <br /><a href=\"http://www.ballyhoostore.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.ballyhoostore.com</a>

Comment about RA vs Marathon thread
    IMHO there is no comparison! Marathon wins hands down. If you take a rectangle and sew the left side with White RA and the right side with White Marathon, the difference is very obvious! The Marathon is very shinny, whereas the RA is dull. I use only Poly thread and this same difference is on all colors. Price is similar and sews well.
    Juli in Kona
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Juli,
      Where do you buy your Marathon thread? I assume the bottom of the king cone fits well on the Amaya machine?
      Thanks!<br />MJ, Everything Embroidered

Comment

I buy most of my supplies from American Embroidery Supplies. You have to call and ask them about the Marathon thread because they also sell RA and RA restricts them to only showing their threads. But they do have Marathon. Another good thing about Amer Emb Sply is that they will cut any roll of stabilizer to my specifications. So I can have one roll cut to different sizes and strange sizes. And, yea, the Marathon spool fits very well on out machines.
        Juli in Kona

Comment

I have only ever used thread and backing from Madeira mainly because that is what was suggested to me when I started a year ago. Juli, how do you decide what to use and where to get it from?

Comment

American Supply's backing is all from Fred LeBeau ?? not sure of his name, but it is all good stuff. AES's prices are good. Someone suggested Marathon thread years ago and it is very shinny - MUCH better than RA. And they'ss probably give you a 10% discount if you ask for it and you are on this group.

Juli in Kona

Comment

I have been buying from AES for years. Juli recommended them and I have been very happy with them. They do give a 10% Amaya Users discount; you have to select the option on their Home page.

Fred Lebow has been developing backings etc. for many years, and if you want to learn a lot about these products, his site at www.lebowconsulting.com is very informative.

Comment

Working...
              X