Tee shirts & Shrinkage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tee shirts & Shrinkage

All, I am looking for feed back on tee shirt brands that will not shrink. I have used Gildan ultra cotton, and recently Hanes beefy tees and I have received comments back from customer that they shrink to much. Both are supposed to be pre-shrunk. So please let me know if you have a 100% cotton brand that works with minimal shrinkage.

Cindy in Phoenix

Cotton will always shrink!
    it is in its nature the fibers expand when wet shortening their length. they do not rebound till stretched.
    The only "100% cotton" that will not shrink is a
    60/40 or 50/50 poly blend.

YES I KNOW THAT, THAT IS NOT 100% cotton but if you look at the advertized Gildan 100% cotton heathers they are blends.
    I have had customers ask for 100% cotton and order the heather color and LOVE the shirts then next time order a plain color of the same style and HATE them for shrinkage.
    Just inform the customer they WILL have shrinkage in any 100% cotton and they should adjust sizes accordingly.
    I try to steer customers to blends as it makes my life easier...
    [email protected]
    Jerome in Minnesota
    (320)259-1151

Comment

In addition to what Jerome said...

T-shirts are not "really" preshrunk. They are compressed. Think about putting on a shirt that is a little tight and you pull on the fabric to stretch it out and it stays. That is compressed. When you pull on it and it doesn't stay, it has shrunk (or you have grown!). If you take care of the fabric per instructions on the label (which few people do), it will last longer. The labels say was cold, dry medium. My dryer says that cotton setting is hot! How confusing.
      David Sklar<br />Ballyhoo!<br />Arlington, VA <br /><a href=\"http://www.ballyhoostore.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.ballyhoostore.com</a>

Comment

Working...
      X