Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adhesive for Applique

Hello-
    We have a client who orders caps with an applique patch made from recycled Carhart material- We've been using Sulky KK 2000 to hold the patch in place until it get sewn down.

So we're in the middle of a 400 piece run, we've run out of spray adhesive and no one in town is carrying that brand anymore.

We picked up some Dritz Quilter's Adhesive, but it's no good- It doesn't hold it down well enough

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I have to be nosey...did you check with JoAnns's Fabrics to see if they have it? They's where I get mine. If you're just seiwng around the edge, not in the center, would double stick carpet tape work as long as it's kept out of the sewing area?

Comment

Thanks Judy-
      Yeah- We were buying it at JoAnne's as well.
      Not sure whey they quit carrying it here
      The carpet tape is a good idea- We may give that a try

Thanks again!

Comment

I like 505, get from SewForLess.com, usually about 13.59 for a big can, volume discounts, quick shipping.

Comment

I think I remember someone using glue stick?? Can anyone speak to this?
          Janet

Comment

check quilt shops, quilters use similar for temporarily basting batting instead of pinning. Or home embroidery machine shops, like Bernina or Viking etc. they carry it for the same purpose

also look at the manufacturer's website and see if they have a link of where to buy in your area. alternatively, call and ask.

hope that helps...
            Anita

Comment

Working...
            X