Advanced Fill Properties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advanced Fill Properties

I have a fill that is the shape of the left half of an "H". It is about 15" tall. There is no underlay. The stitches run parallel to the left edge. The start point is on the bottom right of the part that sticks out in the middle. The endpoint is at the top of the left edge. The density is set to 500% (very light). You can clearly see each row of stitching. It "should" simply start at the right edge and sew up, down, up down, ... until it gets to the top left edge. And, that is what it does ... sort of. When it fills the "connector" piece on the right and gets to the taller vertical part it does a trim and moves all the way to the top and starts again. On two different machines, it could not pick up the bobbin on the first row after the trim. It is not real relevant on the top and bottom, but in the middle where the "right" part is shows a major gap. [this is simple but hard to explain without pictures!]

I noticed in the the Advanced tab of the Fill Properties there is a checked check box labeled "Allow Interior Entry Exit". Help explains this as:

"Allow Interior Entry Exit: If this is checked, DesignShop allows you to have entry and exit points inside a design."

Isn't that obvious!? Does this mean that I can move the start and stop locations to the middle or that it will randomly put a trim (stop, trim, move, start) into the design?

When this is unchecked, it does not stop it. Can I tell it to be sure to use a tie off and tie in when it does this? Auto tie and auto trim are set for the element.
    David Sklar<br />Ballyhoo!<br />Arlington, VA <br /><a href=\"http://www.ballyhoostore.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.ballyhoostore.com</a>

I know exactly what you mean; unfortunately I don't know how to prevent this from happening. We embroider a lot of crosses and have had this battle whenever they are fill. If anyone could explain The ABC's of entry/exit points, I would also appreciate it. Most of the time I just experiment until I get it to do something I can live with - not very efficient. I had to laugh at David's "Isn't that obvious?" Sometimes the help menu just repeats the wording of the command in question, just adding a few informative words like "and" and "the" - not very helpful!

Comment

Can you try adding walk stitches from the 1st point of the trim to the entry point of the next element ie: from the right connector piece where it trims as you described it, to the top of the long vertical piece where it begins to sew again. Also go in and manually remove the trim and set your perimeters for ties and the length of the distance before it trims, then select the icon that says "update auto locks and trims" This should take care of it, but I also know that sometimes the program doesn't always work the same on everything. Hopefully this will take care of it for you. Good luck!

Comment

I should add, although you most likely know this, be sure to run your walk stitches along the same path as your very light topstitching or it will show through. Can't imagine density light enough to see through, unless of course it's the desired effect.

Comment

After playing for a while I found that I had to set the wireframe points so that it was EXACTLY parallel to the stitching and set so that all rows of stitching (at the leading edge) were equally spaced. Very high zoom!
          David Sklar<br />Ballyhoo!<br />Arlington, VA <br /><a href=\"http://www.ballyhoostore.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.ballyhoostore.com</a>

Comment

Working...
          X