cap lettering & too many trims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cap lettering & too many trims

Using 'block' lettering in Design Shop Pro+ for a cap. Have set it to 'closest point' and to stitch from center out for this particular line of words. The machine runs great center point out to the left (center to end of phrase when looking at it right way up); however when it returns to the center to then stitch out to the right side (beginning of phrase when looking right way up) it is not stitching the letters from closest point and trims between each letter despite them being close enough to not need trims.

Ideas? It's adding a lot of time to the sew out of this design, and with 50 caps to do I can't afford any 'extra' time.
    Janet<br />Fabrications by design, Inc.<br />269-273-8495<br />[email protected]

Click on the lettering, then click on the little "x" in the center of the letter you want to work with. Then move the entrance and exit points to what you want. Continue with the rest of the letters.Set your trim value under lock/trim to .25.
    Herb<br />Royal Embroidery

Comment

Janet,

This is all about "Entry and Exit" points in the indivdual letters. For closest point to work properly, the letters need to be sewn all in one direction.

When you select center out, then only one half of the letters are sewing with the entry and exit points in the right order. The other half in now sewing backwards and the entry and exit points are on the opposite side from where they need to be.

If you do not want the letters trimmed between, then you will need to reverse the entry and exit points on each letter on the side that is sewing backwards and place them in a manner that would be closest point stitching.

Rod Springer
      Amaya Tech & Trainer
      Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Herbie beat me to it.....course I am older and slower than he is .....

Rod
        Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Working...
        X