Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autodigitize in v9

Hi,

For a quick thread count I was going to auto digitize a logo, but I can not find this feature in DS v 9.

Anyone know what area it is under?

Thanks
    Steve Griswold<br />Impressions Embroidered Apparel LLC<br /><a href=\"http://www.ImpressionsWear.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.ImpressionsWear.com</a><br />Atlanta GA

A 'quick' rule of thumb is to estimate 1000 stitches per square inch...unless you have multiple overlays of color on color...so a 2" x 4" logo could have 8,000 stitches for a light design. Gives you a starting point.
    Otherwise, if you autodigitize, pull down the 'stitch tree' and look at the last stitch number-that will give you a close idea. I've noticed that when a design goes from DS to Amaya OS, for stitching-the stitch count is a little less.Not sure what gets subtracted but they never match. Take a couple of designs you've done, figure the square inch-and see if you are in the 1000 spi (stitch per inch) or if you like heavy fills, you might be higher on average. Then you have a quicky way to quote.

Comment

Once you import a vector EPS design you can click on CONVERT on the tool bar that pops up once a EPS design is loaded into V9.
      Once the design is converted DELETE the original EPS design.
      With a little editing you are ready to go.

Comment

Hey all, when I do autodigitize and want to convert sone of the design to column, on the tree, it would still read fill(satin). When i run it, the design I want column stitch, it still stitches out fill. Any quick tips will be greatly appreciated. Still trying to figure out V9. I got soo used to V7.

Odee

Comment

How wide are your columns and what are the settings concerning columns?
          Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Working...
          X