Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Digitizing in DS9?

Hi,

How do you auto-digitize in Design Shop Pro + 9?
    Any quick highlights on how to give this a try would be great.

Also is I get Vector images from my client and then want to give auto digitizing a go, do vector images auto digitize better than other file formats?

Thanks
    Steve Griswold<br />Impressions Embroidered Apparel LLC<br /><a href=\"http://www.ImpressionsWear.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.ImpressionsWear.com</a><br />Atlanta GA

I use DS 7, and also bring in vector line art to digitize-most of the time it's a lot easier than working with bitmap images. BUT don't rely on the autodigitizing, and ONLY do one 'piece' at a time...or you end up with a huge mess if you don't crash the program. You have a learning curve here...you will need to learn what settings for the 'auto' end of it-what the computer thinks looks good isn't...but it does make it faster than redrawing the artwork in DS yourself. At least you have the ability to go in and change fills, change graphics, etc. so it is a big help.
    But don't rely on it to 'auto digitize' so you can immediately do a sewout....

Comment

Thanks,

Yeah we knew how ot do auto digitizing in DS 7. Can't seem to find it in version 9. We normally do our own digitizing but this design is a geometric shape and looks like a spyro graph and would be a pain to do by hand so we figured it might be a good idea to auto digitize that part and see how it sews out.
      Steve Griswold<br />Impressions Embroidered Apparel LLC<br /><a href=\"http://www.ImpressionsWear.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.ImpressionsWear.com</a><br />Atlanta GA

Comment

Steve,

Make sure you have the toolbar displayed. Highlight the vector graphics you want to digitize and click on any one of the three options, there is the convert to embroidery on the status bar and you can select what type of stitch. or you can click on the convert vector objects to/from embroidery icon or the one next to it is stitch graphic region icon. Take your pick.

Steve I.
        Trinity Embroidery
        Steve I.<br />Trinity Emb

Comment

Working...
        X