Version 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Version 9

Does anyone know if you can run an older version of Design Shop Pro Plus with the Version 9 OS only? Not sure I want to invest in the newer digitizing software, but might be good to upgrade the OS software. What are your thoughts?

I have V9 OS and don't have any problems with the older files. I think the trouble comes when using V7 OS and trying to run a V9DS files.
    Juli in Kona<br />Stitches in Paradise

Comment

Can you still use Version 7 of the DS while running Version 9 of the OS? Juli, do you digitize with DS or do you use something else?

Comment

I usually use DS V9. But I have other digitizing programs and will use those when they do something better than DS. For instance, I have a design that I created that is a turtle. Each section of the shell has a fill that starts on the outside and spirals in to the center but follows the outline more or less. Then following the same path it spirals outward to the starting point. Sorry, but DS just doesn't do this well at all. But Generations does it perfectly every time- no matter the size or shape of the element. So, in that case, I use Generations.

It can get a little confusing switching between programs, so mostly I stick with DS V9.

Comment

That's kind of what I'm trying to figure in. I'm wondering if I have to invest another $500 for a digitizing program, maybe it would make more sense to invest in a different one altogether that does more. I'm wondering if I just upgraded the OS portion of my software (for now), would I still be able to work with the Version 7 of DS?

Comment

Just wanting to ask this again since I didn't receive a reply previously. Presently, I have Version 7 of both DS and the OS. If I wanted to just upgrade my OS to Version 9, would my Version 7 of DS still work alright? Can the new OS recognize the Version 7 files without any compatibility issues?

Comment

You did get an answer. Yes. You can upgrade to V9 OS and keep the V7 DS without problems.

Comment

Sorry Juli, I didn't realize you answered that. I thought you used Version 9 of both. Thank you for all the information!

Comment

Hello, I'm new to this website and to the business. I am purchasing the AmayaXT. I have noticed that you can possibly bargain for the price of the software. Can I get feedback on what everyone (anyone)paid for the software when purchasing 3 XT's? Thanks in advance for any input. And how do you like the XT's?

Comment

If you are buying the XT's new...the software should come WITH the machines as part of the package price...

Comment

OMG your kidding they want to charge me 3,400 for the software. Im buying 3 XT's

Comment

How much did you think high end commercial embroidery software cost?

Even low end stuff like PE Design for brothers home embroidery machines or Bernina's Artista programs are close to or over a thousand dollars.

The software you are getting not only does design but runs the machines via the operating system.

Check the competition - you'll find good digitizing software isn't cheap from the big players.
                        John Yaglenski
                        Amayausers.com - Webmaster
                        Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
                        Hilton Head Island, SC
                        http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

Thanks for your input John, that is why I am asking the questions to get better informed. Do you have V9? How do you like it?

Comment

Version 9 is nice - it's a definate departure from using v7 and takes a while getting used to. If you are coming in without ever using 7, 9 will have a little more of a PhotoShop feel to it. It seems more refined and offers a lot of new features folks were asking for. It's a good upgrade.

Overall, the program stacks up very well against it's competitors and of course, since it's made by melco integrates well with the machines. That being said, it never hurts to look around and compare features. If you find a better deal, ask your salesman!
                            John Yaglenski
                            Amayausers.com - Webmaster
                            Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
                            Hilton Head Island, SC
                            http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

I just installed V9 last week, but lost the premium alphabets I had. Do I need to reinstall each one of them?

So far, everything else has gone good with the new version.

Comment

Working...
                              X