Help with a project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with a project

We have a customer who wants us to embroider the signatures of team members on the back of a jacket for the coach. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have suggested to my husband (who talked to the customer) that we just use keyboard lettering and put all the kids' names on that way. He would rather use their signatures. I would guess that I would use a bean stitch or a narrow column. Has anyone ever done something like this? Thanks for any help you might be able to give.
    Mary

Hi Mary. I've traced signatures for stitching before. The bean stitch is the way to go, and be sure to tie in and tie off. Judy

Comment

Dunno - I would get everyone to sign with a fat black sharpie on an 8x10 sheet. Tell them to sign big. Then scan that in. From there, take it into illustrator/corel draw and have it create vector art using the "live trace" tool. Clean & delete any stray marks.

From there, bring it into Design shop and see how the auto digitizing works. I would think that satin stich columns would look best.

Anyway, that's probably how I'd give it a shot. Getting a good scanable signature (big and fat) is gonna be key.

Another way would be to approach it as a "full jacket back". Get the dimensions you want the design to be, aquire a piece of paper or even posterboard in that size and tell eveyone to sign it - keeping the signatures large and spread out.

Then scan it in (probably would have to do it in pieces) and send it off to a digitizer as a full jacket design. You might even consult the digitizer how best to do this to keep the cost down.

Either way, I hope you are getting a fair chunk of change for this, as it's going to take a lot of time.
      John Yaglenski
      Amayausers.com - Webmaster
      Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
      Hilton Head Island, SC
      http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

Just wondering if you had the jacket finished, how it turned out and how you did it? Did you use a bean stitch or satin stitch? I have a similar project and wanting your input. Thanks!

Comment

As it turned out, I convinced them to use a Comic Sans font instead of actually digitizing the signatures, mostly because of time and cost. Wish I could give you more input.
          Mary

Comment

Thanks anyway!

Comment

Just to let you know, I finished my project using the bean stitch with a retrace and it really turned out really neat. The signatures looked just like the real ones! It did take some time to digitize, tho!

Comment

Working...
              X