Back of cap template

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back of cap template

Does anyone have a good template for lettering around the back of a cap opening. I am working it but can not seem to get the lettering to follow the arch of the cap.

Thanks
    Cindy in Phoenix

I don't know if there is a standard per se - as caps are different but I have a few cap backs I've done lettering on I could send. Not sure if it would help. I just adjust the arch of the lettering in DS till I get it right. Typically, I sew on backing, cut out, fit, adjust and re-sew till it looks the way I want it.
    John Yaglenski
    Amayausers.com - Webmaster
    Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
    Hilton Head Island, SC
    http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

We have done this on a lot of caps. Don is the one that gets the arch correct so I would have to ask him. I am sure someone will let you know or you will be able to work it out. If not let me know and I will get him to tell me exactly how he does it too.
      Jenny<br />Westbrook Wonders<br />Wetumpka, AL 36093<br />334-567-3867<br />[email protected]

Comment

I should have read the others post but Don does his this way too. We sew it out until we get the arch correct for the cap types. But if you need more information I will get Don to tell me what you need to do.
        Jenny<br />Westbrook Wonders<br />Wetumpka, AL 36093<br />334-567-3867<br />[email protected]

Comment

I have a plastic template that allows me to measure the curvature of the back opening (bought from Melcomart years ago). It seems to me you can make one in a simple graphics program by making concentric circles (1.5", 2", 2.5", etc.) then print only half circles (I.e. cover up from the half way mark). You can use the print out to compare with your hat opening to get the curve measurement. Hope this makes sense. At least it would give you a starting point. Good luck. Hope this helps.

Dorothy
          Dorothy Compton, Owner<br />Bee Embroidered<br /><a href=\"http://www.BeeEmbroidered.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.BeeEmbroidered.com</a><br />(916) 635-7467

Comment

Thank you for the suggestions. I like the concentric circle idea. I am going to give that a shot.

Cindy in Phoenix

Comment

We have been using easy technology to our benefit lately. Lay the hat back up on your hat hooping mandrel, Take your cell phone and snap a nice close brightly lit picture of it. Copy to your computer (this might be the hard part for some, but if you can digitize, you should be able to figure this one out)Then construct your lettering over the top of the jpg after you have sized it. measure the actual cap with your measuring tape and edit the size until it matches on screen, then alter your lettering as needed.

Save this as the style and brand of the hat and slowly you will build a collection of useful backgrounds. If your measurements are good then the finished product matches almost perfectly.
              PS. set your phone's camera for it's lowest size setting. It makes a much smaller file to deal with and it is much easier to shrink as well.

Good luck, hope it helps someone...

Ron @ Body Cover
              Ron Vinyard<br />Body Cover Design<br /><br />Grants Pass, Oregon

Comment

Great idea Ron!
                John Yaglenski
                Amayausers.com - Webmaster
                Levelbest Embroidery - Owner
                Hilton Head Island, SC
                http://www.levelbestembroidery.com

Comment

Working...