Puffy foam on hats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puffy foam on hats

I have done puffy foam on 24 hats and I can't get the puffy foam stick outs to disappear. I've tried a heat gun, which unfortunately will burn the thread if not careful, steam from my steamer, and hovering a warm iron. I really need to deliver these hats today and its very frustrating.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Monograms N More

We use the heat gun techinque, remember they run at 750 - 1000 degrees, so don't treat it like a hair dryer. keep it moving and a good 3 or 4 inches from the material, you will start to see the sticky-outs melt and bend that's when you are almost done. After you can brush with a cloth to brush the frayed pieces or canned air. Also use a toothpick to push against the bigger pieces that are stubborn and they will push right back under the thread. it takes practice and now you know why you price puffy foam close to double the normal stuff. I've been to hat manufacturers that do in-house embroidery, and that is how they were doing it.
    It is time consuming but it works, and if you ruined a hat you can practice on it with the heat gun, or run another sample on scrap fabric and practice there.
    Good Luck, let us know if you come up with a better solution.

Ron
    Ron Vinyard<br />Body Cover Design<br /><br />Grants Pass, Oregon

Comment

Working...
    X