Harriton Emboirdery Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harriton Emboirdery Thread

Am looking at the Alpha/Broder/NES Embroidery Supply Catalog and noticed that the Harriton Threads have many of same numbers/colors as the ARC threads. Has anyone tried the Harriton polyester threads? It would sure be nice if the colors matched as I can't find replacement colors for the ARC brand I have used in my designs.

Thanks,

Terri

I have purchased Harriton and they are very-very close to being spot-on! I have found no one that carries many of the old ARC colors; such as 988, the green for the recycle arrows...until finding Harriton. I've had no problem with them except the spool does not have a lip on the bottom which causes the thread to fall off the spool and wrap around the metal spindle that the spool sits on. I have found a small styrofoam bowl at the local chicken place that fits under the spool...they put the mashed potatoes in them [img]smile.gif[/img] No, I didn't buy 16 orders of mashed 'taters...I bought a stack of them from the restaurant!! Debbie
    Debbie Rinehart<br />Deb\'z-N-Stitches

Comment

Debbie.... good information. Thank you. I also am having a hard time matching a few of the arc colors... I will try the Harriton threads. Thank you! [img]smile.gif[/img]
      LuAnn @ Image Embroidery<br />Because Your \"Image\" Matters

Comment

Thanks, Debbie. The next time I order I will try some of the colors (I use many shades of gray, as well as shades of brown and taupe). The 988 you mentioned is another one I've not been able to find. That's too bad they don't come on a better spool.

Terri

Comment

Debbie, was it both the 5K and 1K spools that didn't have a lip? It appears as tho the 5K does have something of a lip. Madeira's 1K's also tend to fall down as they don't have much of a lip. I am thrilled to know I now can get some of the colors I have not been real happy with such as the greys and good ole 988! THANKYOU Terri for asking, and Debbie for your answer!!

Comment

Does the Harriton thread perform well at high speeds? I am considering it but don't want another brand that has a lot of thread breaks.
            Marcelle Lewis
            http://embroideryavenue.com
            http://embroidery.gotop100.com

Comment

I don't have a lot of thread breaks but I only have about ten Harriton spools thus far and really have not paid much attention to the colors that are breaking; but, again, I don't have a lot of breaks period. It is usually something in my digitizing...but THAT is another story LOL!
              debbie
              Debbie Rinehart<br />Deb\'z-N-Stitches

Comment

Working...
              X