jump stitch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jump stitch?

This is probably a stupid question, but what is the "jump stitch" function used for? I don't get what it accomplishes that walk stitches, manual stitches, or placement of entry/exit points doesn't already do. As usual, the "help" is very uninformative. Most of what I found when I searched this subject refers to jumps that are digitized between letters, which for DS is done automatically depending on what is checked in the lettering properties tab.

Mamma Kass,

I believe the "jump stitch" tool you are referring to is used primarily for the old heavy iron Melco machines like the EMT, EMC, and Tajima, etc....allowed the machine to have continuous running and move from one area to another without trimming I guess may be a way to describe it...Unless you are specifically digitizing for this type of machine, it would have no real use when digitizing for the Amaya.

Rod Springer
    Amaya Tech & Trainer
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

No wonder that I couldn't figure out what it was for; I forgot to ask about this when you were here....Thanks, Rod.

Comment

I am quilting and want to use the jump stitch so I can bury the thread inside the sandwich of the quilt, but I can't get the jump stitches to sew. It shows on the screen in Design Shop. I don't want the short tails showing on the back of the quilt and want it to sew continuously without stopping and trimming all of the time. Anyone know how I can get the jump stitches to show?

Thanks for your help!

Comment

Are you asking how to get the machine to feed out enough thread to move from one area of the design to another without an automatic trim? I'd like to know this too; my machine seems to have its own built in auto trim and always trims if it has to move more than about 3/8" even if I haven't digitized a trim and do not have autotrim checked. If I digitize jump stitches farther apart than this it still trims between them. Like Cindy, sometimes I just don't want it to trim when moving from one area to another.

Comment

Yes. That's what I'm wanting to do. I don't want it to do a trim. I want a longer piece of thread to be able to thread a needle and put the thread inside the sandwich by hand. It looks like the jump stitch is digitized, it just won't sew. It trims and moves to next stitching.

Comment

It looks as though a couple of you who know a lot about both the machines and embroidery are back, Rod & Sharon, Jerome. Do you know the answer to Cindy's jump stitch question?

Comment

Working...
              X