Tie In/Tie Off, Element

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tie In/Tie Off, Element

The help is not helpful in DS9. It says that checking "Always" will insert a tie in and/or tie out for each element. "Element" is never defined. I generally know what an element is... my question is really about text. Is each letter an element or is the whole text in a text box an element? This is a concern when manually clipping connector stitches between letters. It is also a problem on larger letters when I want to clip the connector between the base part of an "i" or "j" and the dot. Then there is the issue of Auto Tie. Is it possible to get a double tie if Only When Necessary is checked and Auto Tie is checked, or is DS9 smart enough to resolve this.

David Sklar
    Ballyhoo!
    Arlington, VA
    David Sklar<br />Ballyhoo!<br />Arlington, VA <br /><a href=\"http://www.ballyhoostore.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.ballyhoostore.com</a>

Good Question! I look forward to the answer!

FYI, Melco has been pretty good about responding to my emails re: DS questions -- you might try them also.
    [email protected]
    Thanks!<br />MJ, Everything Embroidered

Comment

I have been using Ver. 10 for some time now, which is a lot more "tricked-out" when it comes to adjusments in the lock-trim area of DS. That being said auto-trims are determined by how far (defined in points by the software) the next elements start point is. As far as what an element is- it is a seperate piece in the tree on the right-hand side of the screen in DS. You can make each letter of a word or phrase a seperate element by clicking apply and ok after each letter. For the next letter open the text dialogue box again, type the letter, click apply and then ok- you get the idea. As far as the auto-trims, I think they happen automatically at 64 points is ver 9, but are completely adjustable in ver 10.
      Gregory

Comment

I'm confused -- Are you talking about DS? I thought Ver. 9 was the latest? Do you have Version 10 of DS?
        I know the latest of AOS is Ver. 10.
        Thanks!<br />MJ, Everything Embroidered

Comment

I have the latest update of ver. 9- sorry bout that- I do have OS ver. 10. Or, at least, I think it is the latest (version 9.00.101)
          Gregory

Comment

Working...
          X