Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drop some stitches between letters?

Hi!
    Does anyone know how to drop some stitches in between letters? So, in other words, there's no trim, so there's a jump stitch. But what I would like to do is make that jump stitch into a few very short walk stitches to "bury" the jump stitch. I'm pretty sure it's not an option in the software, but I would do it manually, if I knew how to do it.
    Anybody?
    Thanks!<br />MJ, Everything Embroidered

If you know how to digitize and have the ability to convert an element to wireframe, you can use the "manual stitch tool" to place the needle strikes(stitches) where-ever you want them to be between letters.

Another way, might be to create each letter separately and use the manual stitch to connect them for continous sewing. Kind of time consumming tho....

Rod Springer
    Amaya Tech & Trainer
    Certified tech & trainer<br />208-898-4117

Comment

Hi Rod!
      Thanks, I've tried that but when I use the manual stitch tool to make stitches where a jump stitch already is, I just end up with an additional small line on TOP of the jump stitch. Are you saying that I can convert the existing jump stitch into a few walking stitches? If so, I can't figure out how to do that?

Comment

MJ,

Tried that......does that mean you can "convert" the lettering to a wireframe format? This is the only way to be able to alter the project tree to add or delete stitches for these connectors.

Keyboard pre-digitized fonts, and true type, will have either "bottom connect, as digitized or closest point" as the choices for how they will jump between letters. To completely eliminate these stitches means that the letting needs to be converted to wireframe so that you can add the "manual" stitch(es) between each letter in the project tree.When typing in a line of lettering, the computer program recognizes it as just that, a line of lettering which can be edited by clicking on the little X's on the individual letter(s). After the line of lettering is "wireframed", the computer program now sees it as a "design" and not a line of lettering and you have to work in the project tree to make any changes as to additions or subtractions trims, color breaks, etc.

Rod Springer
        Amaya Tech & Trainer

Just remember that when using the manual stitch tool, each left or right click of the mouse is a needle strike......

Keyboard

Comment

Yes, sorry, I converted all the lettering to wireframe. Before I converted it to wireframe, it had "bottom connect", so there are the jump stitches there between each letter. So I'm in the project tree and have the "column" piece selected (it has the jump stitch right before it). Then I select the Manual Stitch Tool and make a few left mouse clicks to create needle strikes -- but it doesn't make the stitches on the existing jump stitch, it creates a new object. So I end up with a line of stitches ON TOP of the existing jump stitch -- not in place of the jump stitch, as I want. Do you know what I mean?

Comment

MJ,

Yes, I believe I understand what you are saying.

Yes, using the Manual stitch tool "is" going to create a new object, which is exactly what you want.

The unwanted stitches must be eliminated/deleted by deleting and/or moving wireframe points to shorten up the "jump" stitch, as you call it, between the individual letters and then replacing them with the Manual stitch(es) placed exactly where you want them to be.

What font did you start with, before converting to wireframe? Why don't you send me a sample line of the lettering(file) you are working with and I will convert it to wireframe and make some editing changes so you can see what I am talking about.

Send to [email protected]

Rod Springer
            Amaya Tech & Trainer

Comment

All of the above works. You can also click on the jump stitch if it is listed in the project tree and change element type to a normal stitch, put in the length you desire your stitches to be. Suppose the level of DS will make a difference as to your options.

Comment

When you put in the walk stitches between the letters, the program will set this as the last element in the tree on the right side of the screen. You must then lift the element and put it between the elements you want to connect. keeping in mind (and moving if necessary) your entry and exit points (assuming that you don't have an element selected in the tree when you digitize the walk stitches).

[ July 27, 2011, 12:53 PM: Message edited by: gcannon ]
                Gregory

Comment

Working...
                X